"Smart Search" isn't so smart

Status
Please reply by conversation.

render1

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Littleton, Colorado
Caught part of a movie using the office DVR and thought it would be worth seeing on the big screen TV. Did the "View Upcoming" and it showed many instances on multiple channels. So I go to the family room DVR and search for the movie. All that comes up is one for a Video on Demand Channel. So I did a search for some other events that should have had multiple showings and they too were missing.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

YUP!!!

Especially sports. As example last Friday I was looking to verify that Minnesota Duluth was playing on CBS SPorts Network (college hockey). So I searched "Duluth" and yep showed up in the list. Clicked on it and "no airings shown" or something like that. But if I go into the guide on that say it shows just fine. Other sporting events do the same. I havent tried a regular show title.

But something seriously got broke recently

I noticed the same issues. When I searched on 'boxing' I got lots of things, but none on Showtime or HBO when I knew they had some scheduled, nor did it show the ESPN2 Friday Night Fights.

I noticed the same issues. When I searched on 'boxing' I got lots of things, but none on Showtime or HBO when I knew they had some scheduled, nor did it show the ESPN2 Friday Night Fights.

Just needed a sanity check to make sure it wasn't operator error on my part. This may have started after I got the latest release (ox59e) that was supposed to fix some of the HD GUI problems. Wonder how long this bug will stick around.

It has been happening ever since the HD GUi came out. I've found I have to completely clear out the guide once in a while. A recent example was Don posted "George of the Jungle" in the DVR thread a couple weeks ago, and when I searched for Brendan Fraser, nothing came up even though I had already set the timer. After clearing the guide, everything came up.

S~

So how do you clear the guide?
I have rebooted, which rebuilds he guide. But this didn't fix the problem of missing programs in the search.

It has been happening ever since the HD GUi came out. I've found I have to completely clear out the guide once in a while. A recent example was Don posted "George of the Jungle" in the DVR thread a couple weeks ago, and when I searched for Brendan Fraser, nothing came up even though I had already set the timer. After clearing the guide, everything came up.

S~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts