OTHER SMBOX SM8

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I can likely get a "new in-box" with all pieces for US$4 with local pickup. It supports DVB-S2 and MPEG4. I'm surprised what is on the market now. Anybody have 1st-hand experience to know if it actually receives satellite signals?

I can likely get a "new in-box" with all pieces for US$4 with local pickup. It supports DVB-S2 and MPEG4. I'm surprised what is on the market now. Anybody have 1st-hand experience to know if it actually receives satellite signals?
No experience with that one at all but I looked around and it did get two four star reviews on Amazon UK. It is also currently being sold on Newegg (by a third-party seller). I guess for $4 it is worth experimenting with. Kind of a throw-away if it does not go well.
OldRollEyes2.png

Amazon product ASIN B06XC88L33

I have no issue with the $4. Secret: I'd even pay the full $8 asking! I read some of the low-cost Chinese models only have eastern sats loaded and western sats can't be loaded. But even then you could manually configure a sat just before blind scanning the review said. Another restriction may be inability to receive AC3. I'm hungry for a new toy, it's too cold to work on dishes, and I can't budget yet for the Edison.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: FTA4PA
I have no issue with the $4. Secret: I'd even pay the full $8 asking! I read some of the low-cost Chinese models only have eastern sats loaded and western sats can't be loaded. But even then you could manually configure a sat just before blind scanning the review said. Another restriction may be inability to receive AC3. I'm hungry for a new toy, it's too cold to work on dishes, and I can't budget yet for the Edison.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!
Yes, kind of a guessing game as to what you will get with some of these boxes. I did have one that I tried that could not decode AC3 as you said but I was able to pass it through to my a/v receiver which could play it. :D

The NewEgg listing is the biggest database trainwreck ever. How does something like this even happen?

Types: Dry Wipes
Length sleeves: SM8
Hips: Metal, WMV
Size: 100-240V 50/60Hz
Material: ABS, Approx 250mA, MPEG-5, 5 hours, DC 12V, 1 x Power Supply, AC3, 1 x V8 Box, Wireless
Input Voltage: 396g
Languages: 600MHz MIPS Processor
Bust: 1080p
Function: 1 x Standard SIM card slot
Document System: 180 Degrees Mode: 1920*1080
Focal Distance: 950-2150Mhz input
Water Tank Height: 70/32D, null, up to 4 hours, DAT, AAC
Waist: Romansh, null, Dutch, 1 x 2 in 1 USB Cable, 1 x Dust-absorber, 480P, Finnish, One-Piece, 1 x Remote Controller, Indonesian, African, 1 x Lens
Qwerty Keyboard: 23.4*13.5*3.3cm
Connectivity: 3GP, null, Zoom Lens
Plug Available: VGA, Support Calendar, SD/MMC Card up to 32GB (not included)
Case Material: GIF
Band Size: Micro USB (for power supply), Electronic components

• Haha
Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)