OTHER SMBOX SM8

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I can likely get a "new in-box" with all pieces for US$4 with local pickup. It supports DVB-S2 and MPEG4. I'm surprised what is on the market now. Anybody have 1st-hand experience to know if it actually receives satellite signals?

I can likely get a "new in-box" with all pieces for US$4 with local pickup. It supports DVB-S2 and MPEG4. I'm surprised what is on the market now. Anybody have 1st-hand experience to know if it actually receives satellite signals?
No experience with that one at all but I looked around and it did get two four star reviews on Amazon UK. It is also currently being sold on Newegg (by a third-party seller). I guess for $4 it is worth experimenting with. Kind of a throw-away if it does not go well.
OldRollEyes2.png

Amazon product ASIN B06XC88L33

I have no issue with the $4. Secret: I'd even pay the full $8 asking! I read some of the low-cost Chinese models only have eastern sats loaded and western sats can't be loaded. But even then you could manually configure a sat just before blind scanning the review said. Another restriction may be inability to receive AC3. I'm hungry for a new toy, it's too cold to work on dishes, and I can't budget yet for the Edison.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: FTA4PA
I have no issue with the $4. Secret: I'd even pay the full $8 asking! I read some of the low-cost Chinese models only have eastern sats loaded and western sats can't be loaded. But even then you could manually configure a sat just before blind scanning the review said. Another restriction may be inability to receive AC3. I'm hungry for a new toy, it's too cold to work on dishes, and I can't budget yet for the Edison.

Sent from my SM-G950W using the SatelliteGuys app!
Yes, kind of a guessing game as to what you will get with some of these boxes. I did have one that I tried that could not decode AC3 as you said but I was able to pass it through to my a/v receiver which could play it. :D

The NewEgg listing is the biggest database trainwreck ever. How does something like this even happen?

Types: Dry Wipes
Length sleeves: SM8
Hips: Metal, WMV
Size: 100-240V 50/60Hz
Material: ABS, Approx 250mA, MPEG-5, 5 hours, DC 12V, 1 x Power Supply, AC3, 1 x V8 Box, Wireless
Input Voltage: 396g
Languages: 600MHz MIPS Processor
Bust: 1080p
Function: 1 x Standard SIM card slot
Document System: 180 Degrees Mode: 1920*1080
Focal Distance: 950-2150Mhz input
Water Tank Height: 70/32D, null, up to 4 hours, DAT, AAC
Waist: Romansh, null, Dutch, 1 x 2 in 1 USB Cable, 1 x Dust-absorber, 480P, Finnish, One-Piece, 1 x Remote Controller, Indonesian, African, 1 x Lens
Qwerty Keyboard: 23.4*13.5*3.3cm
Connectivity: 3GP, null, Zoom Lens
Plug Available: VGA, Support Calendar, SD/MMC Card up to 32GB (not included)
Case Material: GIF
Band Size: Micro USB (for power supply), Electronic components

• Haha
Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)