Smeared picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VE2FCZ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2016
St Rémi Quebec Canada
On G17 ku the 4 ABC mux are fine but when i blind scan the sat certain feeds look like smeared as if you wipe a rag over a freshley paint portrait (this is intermittent) using a Manhattan DJ 1997 HD. Any idea?thanks

Last edited:
Sounds like a decoding problem. Is the SIgnal Quality high? Does the SQ drop when the picture becomes blurry? Does the audio get chirps or garble?

Do you have a different receiver to test?

This is the only receiver i have.
Sig 80+ Quality 65+ sound garble.
Could it be the compression H264 this stb is not H 265.
Also the modulation is swithing from 8PSK to QPSK.
THANKS AGAIN.

What STB? What channels? Are the problematic services h.264 or h.265?

Some STBs populate the modulation type after reading the transponder table when initially tuning the transponder. The previous transponder data may be displayed until overwritten.

If the receiver is having a problem decoding, the modulation and other table data may not be properly read.

Could it be the compression H264 this stb is not H 265.
h.265 shouldn't produce anything recognizable on a h.264 decoder. h.265 uses what are called Coding Tree Blocks where h.264 uses Macro Blocks. If the chipset supported h.265 but the firmware didn't, I'm not sure what you might get but it wouldn't be a blurry image. Smearing is something that pretty much has to happen after decoding as the data wouldn't be decodable if it were that corrupt. It would present as tiny corrupt blocks rather than an out-of-focus image. Compressed digital images either are good or they are fragged.

That your modulation is switching back and forth is very odd as QPSK isn't enough like 8PSK that there should be confusion.

It could be that the motion compensation technology is going ape for some reason and is working overtime to smooth out what it thinks is a very busy frame.

Stb is Manhattan dj 1997 and only capable of H 264 as for channels it's never on the same tp and only 10% have this issue.
I will buy another receiver, what should i buy?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts