Smile Of A Child

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
In our home we have a five-year old and a seven-year old. They are only allowed to watch Christian programming on Saturday as we are Seventh-day Adventists. In the past that meant only KTV as we had Sky Angel. Now we still have KTV (on Dish Family) and we also have Smile Of A Child (SOAC) on GloryStar. Well, the kids just love SOAC - better than KTV. Some of the programming is the same but all and all, the kids a choosing SOAC most.

For those that lost SkyAngel and don't have DISH but went to GloryStar - I think they would be just as happy (if not more) with SOAC than they were with KTV.

I do not know, but I would imagine that it is translated. I know I could send the "greek geek", Rick Renner's office an e-mail and find out, probably quicker than going to SOAC website if you really want to know, or maybe someone else here will know. Rick preaches in english and has an interpreter at the church in Moscow, as he has a multi-lingual congregation. His services are on CGN on the Glorystar list.

My wife is Adventist as well and there are several kids programs on 3ABN Saturday afternoons and I think on the Hope channel as well. Check their schedule online so you can help your kids know what times to tune to what channels.

Actually, we only allow our kids to watch secular cartoons on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursday so we limit a lot of the secular programming. So they watch KTV and SOAC during the week too. KTV runs some of 3ABN's programming.

I stumbled across SOAC when I first got into FTA. Between that and the bountiful PBS kids programming, when it comes time for the kids TV time, there's always something we can all enjoy on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)