Smithsonian HD dropped and replaced with Crime & Investigation HD

aznxrice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
Is this new? Or has this been around for awhile?
Smithsonian was 374 and C&I is 387

Is this new? Or has this been around for awhile?
Smithsonian was 374 and C&I is 387

This is apparently a new change for Feb 1.

Smithsonian HD is a Showtime channel...not a good sign.

Unbelievable that Dish would drop a higher end HD channel and replace it with one that shows rebroadcasts of 48 Hours, Cold Case Files, the like.

Well, I did watch a little of smithsonian, (it didn't compare to equator) , now it's going to be gone. What a bummer.

The shuffle

Have feeling this may just be the shuffle that will be taking place w/ the HD channels. Right now CI is listed as 387 and is still listed as 374. The CI listed channel 387 is nothing but black on the air. I expect that we will see more shuffling around as they start moving to new sat locations.
Boy I was wrong on that statement. The info button says that E* won't be carrying it anymore. Wonder if it is hard ball negotiations between E*and Sho nets.

It appears that Smithsonian is no longer listed in the HD packages on DirecTv's website...is it possible that they have stopped broadcasting?

Oh GREAT! Another so-called HD channel showing mostly un-HD 4x3 stretch-o-visioned reruns of the same damned programs available on two other channels already stretch-o-visioned replacing a pristine, true HD channel. Yes the channel it replaced showed a lot of reruns, but there is NOTHING BUT RERUNS on CI!

This channel just BLOWS!

See ya
Tony

I know this C&I is not HD, it's Strech-O-Vision. I think I would rather have the other channel.

For some reason it seems like they take off a true HD channel and then replace it with some crap like this. I had an 18 month contract with Dish that has about 3 or 4 months left on it. What does it cost to get out of a contract early, not that I'm going anywhere but would just like to know?? Mitch

I see the Smithsonian logo is removed from the Platinum package graphics on Dish's site too. This is a channel I just recently got on cable, and really enjoyed it. Ugh. Why Dish?

Smithsonian HD is a Showtime channel...not a good sign.

Actually, maybe they are trying to force Showtime to sign a new deal.

I seem to recall that when the TMP HD was added, there were some take down slates added that looked like they would be remapped to some Viacom channels. Then, there was a new Viacom deal announced.

If they hoping to make a big splash next week with HD launches, they probably want Showtime to get onboard.

Just a theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts