Smithsonian HD dropped and replaced with Crime & Investigation HD

Smithsonian had low ratings so to save on cost it got dropped.
So I said rating would have been much Higher if it didn't cost the customer $20 to view it. Then it was kind of quiet. This is the supervisor now too.

This is what they said when the Voom channels were dropped. Who provides input on ratings? Have you ever been asked by Dish Network to rate programming?

No Fios, DIRECTV will probably pull the same thing with another favorite channel (plus all the sports packages I don't want or need), and Comcast stinks. Maybe Apple TV once I have the money.

While I no longer watch SmithHD anymore on DirecTV because of all the repeats, I must agree removing it without any notification or explanation has no excuse, even though the contract allows them to do so.

VOOM's removal had notification, and we all knew the reasons, and it was a good move IMHO.

But E* needs to explain their action first.

I can even see the possibility of E* dropping the entire HD-only-channel pack in favor of adding all the other standard new HD simulcast channels, just like what they did to VOOM, if E* has concluded that they don't have enough people paying $10 for those few channels anyway.

It's been a long time since I watched anything on Smithsonian, because it repeats AT LEAST as bad as Voom ever did. (And I liked Voom.) But I'll probably watch C&I even less. Probably not at all, unless they suddenly come up with an HD transfer of Twin Peaks (was it even shot on film?)

But more to the point, I'm left wondering why the hell I'm paying for the Platinum pack (or whatever it's called now, I'm afraid to even try to figure out their website anymore.)

For me its the NHL network.....the ONLY reason

Sure they do . They gave me $60. Give me a CEO Phone number. and not just an Email address. If I can't talk directly to them ,well thats not good enough.

Well, sure, they gave you a credit, but still they don't have any control over any programming changes the empty suits up in corporate make.

Put that CEO phone number on your speed dial and go straight to it next time instead of starting at the bottom of the ladder. Heck, you never know, you may end up talking to someone who has the authority to give you an even bigger credit.

I am sure glad AT&T went with Direct TV. I am tired of waking up to a political game between Charlie and some network. As a customer of dish for many years I think the line was finally crossed. Its always something broken sat, greedy network, low ratings, etc.

I am calling direct on monday.

oh and Dish has still not fixed the bit error issues on my locals which I reported before the olympics! every so many minutes the channels audio sounds like it is taking errors and the picture freezes. So tell me again why Dish is #1 in customer service Charlie?

I am sure glad AT&T went with Direct TV. I am tired of waking up to a political game between Charlie and some network. As a customer of dish for many years I think the line was finally crossed. Its always something broken sat, greedy network, low ratings, etc.

I am calling direct on monday.

oh and Dish has still not fixed the bit error issues on my locals which I reported before the olympics! every so many minutes the channels audio sounds like it is taking errors and the picture freezes. So tell me again why Dish is #1 in customer service Charlie?

BTW its not just me calling about the locals issue. And I never watched the smithsonian channel but its just the principle. today its smithsonian tomorrow it could be USA or another of my most watched channels. No one knows because they keep everything such a damn secret!

Still listening to BS. I told him I'm dropping all 3 of my accounts because they dropped VOOM,GOL,and now. Its official. No smithsonian. And Everything pack is now $3 more per month. So my Bill went up $3 .

First, you bash PBS...

...and now you're upset that they dropped Smithsonian HD? Do you really give a rat's patootie about Smithsonian...

Wasn't a CSR. Only breifly did I chat to the NO NOTHING CSR. So I asked for Supervisor,and got him . Its not my fault they work for a Cheap M F-er

...or are you just using this as an excuse to berate some innocent Dish Network employee?

I'm on the phone right now, and CSR doesn't know anything. Now I also complained about bill increase with NO notice from E* what so ever.

Their Customer Service Agreement says that they give notice:

Changes in Services Offered. We reserve the right to add, delete, rearrange and/or change any and all programming, programming packages and other Services that we offer, and our prices and fees related to such programming, programming packages and Services at any time, including without limitation during any term agreement period to which you have agreed under the terms and conditions of any other agreement with DISH Network. If a change affects you, we will provide you notice of such change and its effective date. In the event that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, you understand and agree that we have no obligation to replace or supplement any programming, programming packages or other Services previously offered that have been deleted, rearranged or otherwise changed. You further understand and agree that you will not be entitled to any refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change in the contents of any programming, programming packages, or other Services previously offered.DISH Network - About Us - 1.888.825.2557

In the same breath they say that there is no refund for programming changes. I wonder if they gave you concessions because of lack of notice?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)