Snow affecting 1 receiver, but not the other!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AngryStamen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
As the snow blanketed the northeast (I'm in Pittsburgh, PA, btw), I had a bit of a problem with my DISH Network. But here's the strange part: while my DVR-625 was receiving and displaying TV with no problem, my ViP 722 lost satellite connection and spent the night trying to re-acquire the satellite, etc.

Any reason why one box was getting a signal no problem, and the other was having the issues it was having? Both are hooked up to the same dish...any ideas?

Thanks!

Could it be you left the 722 on a channel that was off of the 61.5 satellite? I know mine has an issue with that one sometimes during a storm. The other ones come in fine.

And let me add what I do to change this. I hit DVR, when it loads I hit the guide and then switch to a station on the 110 or of off my OTA(which always works).

Could it be you left the 722 on a channel that was off of the 61.5 satellite? I know mine has an issue with that one sometimes during a storm. The other ones come in fine.

And let me add what I do to change this. I hit DVR, when it loads I hit the guide and then switch to a station on the 110 or of off my OTA(which always works).

I have to say, while I have a bit of knowledge, I'm not sure how I would check to see which of my channels comes from which satellite...is there a chart somewhere that shows this?

Thanks...and FYI, all tvs are working as of 10:45 AM!!

Some times when you click "Info" button satellite location is displayed in upper left pop up border.

You might want to check your cable connections to make sure they are snug. Moisture in the RG6 connectors will effect reception. Connections on the back of the receiver require two wrenches - you do not want to spin the nut nearest the receiver.

Some times when you click "Info" button satellite location is displayed in upper left pop up border.

You might want to check your cable connections to make sure they are snug. Moisture in the RG6 connectors will effect reception. Connections on the back of the receiver require two wrenches - you do not want to spin the nut nearest the receiver.

Not sure if it is the same for all but I push info twice to display sat in upper left on my 612, does not show when it is transparent, so you need to push it twice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)