SNY HD Now In Dolby Digital 5.1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2008
While watching the Mets-Padres game tonight, I noticed the blue light on my audio receiver...so it appears that SNY HD is now broadcasting in DD 5.1.

Cool...this puts them on the same level as YES...I had hoped they would go that route.

I'll give it a chance...but so far, I don't hear the crowds in the rear speakers. They need to work on that. YES does a good job with the surround scenario (and I'm a Met fan ;) ).

There was no audio in center or rear channels. Just because 5.1 light is on, does not mean there is actual audio there.

There was no audio in center or rear channels. Just because 5.1 light is on, does not mean there is actual audio there.

Understood...but they are broadcasting in 5.1, so the potential is there.

For the record...I am getting front right, center, and left. Voices mostly from center speaker.

I am not doubting; but could still be matrixed / simulated surround that is being delivered DD 2.0; right? Isn't that what ESPN HD does; or used to.

Just watched the Mets/Bucs game. Looks like they've got the 5.1 figured out. Heard the crowds from the rear speakers, announcers from the front/center, plus front right and left.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)