SNY question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Marty43

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
Ogdensburg NY, Winter Haven Fl.
Hi folks, I am a Dish network subscriber but lurk here in the Direct Forum occasionally to see what's happening with the other half . This weekend I had friends visit and we were discussing Sat. tv. They said they had Direct tv, and I was showing them my Dish setup.

The talk got around to sports and of course I told them I did not get Yankee games as Dish could not make an agreement with YES. but I did get Mets games on Dish on SNY. They said they got YES, but were Mets fans and did not get METS games. They did not know which pkg they subscribe to but they did get MSG, FSNY, and YES.

They live in NY state zip 13684, They apparently have a pkg that gives them their local RSN's, isn't SNY a local RSN, like YES? They thought they might have to take sports pak to get SNY. Is that true? Shouldn't they get SNY just like they get YES?

Any one got an answer I can give them. Is SNY on a different sat. they might not be lookin at, they have an older dish that has a single LNB. Do they need to be seeing more than one sat?

Thanks for any answers.

Hi folks, I am a Dish network subscriber but lurk here in the Direct Forum occasionally to see what's happening with the other half . This weekend I had friends visit and we were discussing Sat. tv. They said they had Direct tv, and I was showing them my Dish setup.

The talk got around to sports and of course I told them I did not get Yankee games as Dish could not make an agreement with YES. but I did get Mets games on Dish on SNY. They said they got YES, but were Mets fans and did not get METS games. They did not know which pkg they subscribe to but they did get MSG, FSNY, and YES.

They live in NY state zip 13684, They apparently have a pkg that gives them their local RSN's, isn't SNY a local RSN, like YES? They thought they might have to take sports pak to get SNY. Is that true? Shouldn't they get SNY just like they get YES?

Any one got an answer I can give them. Is SNY on a different sat. they might not be lookin at, they have an older dish that has a single LNB. Do they need to be seeing more than one sat?

Thanks for any answers.

Have your friends go to the website below and type in their zip code and that will tell them wether they qualify for SNY or not.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIF.jsp?assetId=P3000004

Although its not listed in the EPG (assuming they are not in some favorites list) have they tried manually entering 625? What happens?

Maybe try performing an initial setup?

On many (all?) DirecTV receivers you can edit your guide to show what channels you want as well as make a favorite list or two. They should edit their guide listings to make sure that channel 625 is included. Could be as simple as that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)