So all the Glorystar channels are now on just the 97?

I just saw a post in the installer forum that mentioned repoints. So all the channels are just on the Galaxy 19 now?

No, Glorystar will continue to distribute two LNBF systems as Galaxy 19 @ 97W is near capacity. New broadcasters will be placed on the replacement 101W satellite starting in May, 2010.

The re-point is for the Adventist channels, which have been on AMC4 KU for many years. Due to the planned replacement of the 101W satellite with a smaller Southern footprint, several of the channels have opted to relocate to Galaxy19.

smaller southern footprint

Greetings,
I guess that means the new AMC-4 will have less coverage in the Eastern Caribbean & southern end of Central America? The current KU AMC-4 footprint stops well north of Panama & does not cover the eastern caribbean islands. I guess the new one will even have less KU coverage in those areas?

If so, is the South American KU portion going to increase? Just curious about these technical issues.

The websites (LLBN & 3ABN) seem to be saying about a failure caused by solar flare activity on AMC-4. I know Solar Cycle 24 is finally getting started and should climax in may 2013. I am hoping that Cycle 24 has no effect on G19 & the future AMC-4 replacement.

The replacement satellite is expected to have a greatly reduced southern footprint falling off sharply in Northern Mexico and not covering the Caribbean.

Haven't researched or inquired about the South American beam.

There is no new damage or additional failures on the AMC4 satellite that we have been made aware of. The replacement of AMC2 and AMC4 by SES1 is a planned replacement and has been scheduled for several years. Satellites are shuttled in and out of orbital slots all the time without fanfare or knowledge by the general public.

New satellites have constructed with increased protection against EMF. The EMF scare that is currently in the news is a perfect example of the press just needing a new story. Old satellites may fall victim, but new satellites are built with solar flare protection in mind. Guess that the devastation in Haiti story is old news and someone needs to sell advertising! Chicken Little cries, "The sky is falling", "all PCs will fail on 1/1/2000 and lead to food shortages........ stock up", "Swine Flu will kill us all"....... "INSERT YOUR HEADLINE HERE"!

A few months from now we anticipate that one morning in May, US and Canadian viewers will wake up to a find a better signal on their 101W set-up .... Yep, the satellite change over must have happened last night!

AMC4 is 12 years old (launched in 99) and usually they last 10-15 years. There were solar flare issues a few years ago which does hinder some of the transponder reception (signal wise)

This is just a run of the mill replacement....AMC4 will probably sit somewhere as a backup

OK, I've been reading here for a while but a little confused.

If someone already has a dual LNBF system at 97 and 101, and a Glorystar receiver, do they actually need to do anything with things being moved around? Are updates to the channel list done automagically or does the user have to do something?

I got a call from a guy who wants a repoint, from talking to him sounds like he's already dual LNBF, maybe I just need to make sure he's actually hitting both satellites?

Glorystar Satellite Systems with the two LNBF dish and a GEOSATpro DSR100c, DSR200c or a DVR1100c do not need to do anything. They are already receiving both satellites and the receivers will automatically update with the new channels and programming.

Customers with two LNBFs and an older Fortec Star Mercury II or GEOSATpro DVR1000ci will not need to re-aim, but the receiver will need to be manually reprogrammed.

All one LNBF dishes aimed at AMC4 will need to re-aim to continue to receive 3ABN, 3ABN Latino and LLBN or upgrade to a two LNBF system to continue receiving all current channels. Hope Channel and Esperanza are currently temporarily testing on G19, but they have not signed on G19 or committed to a contract with an uplinker. Hope Church Channel, ATN/ACN and Lifetalk Radio are not testing and have not indicated if they will move to G19.

Re-aiming and programming instructions are available at http://www.glorystar.tv/p/atvmove

OK...

I understand the movement of the Adventist channels to the G19 but am I going to lose the Korean programming on channel 500 ?!

I got a DSR100c with a dish with two LNBF's. I believe one for AMC4 and the other G19.

So, let me get this straight...

Some channels are moving to the G19 satallite, and some are staying... I thought that the G19 satallite was going to die.

I just want to make sure that I can watch the Korean programing.

So, let me get this straight...

Some channels are moving to the G19 satallite, and some are staying... I thought that the G19 satallite was going to die.

I just want to make sure that I can watch the Korean programing.

Galaxy19 @ 97W is a brand new satellite, just launched last year.

AMC4 @ 101W is being replaced with a new satellite SES1 next month.

Thanks. Sorry if I'm a bit dense...Will I still be able to get channel 500, the Korean station here in Sacramento ?

Crazy: You are not being dense. No one has directly answered your question.

Lyngsat.com shows your Glorystar channel 500 on AMC4 at 101W, and if the satellite is changing, what they usually do is bring the new satellite into position before transferring the programming from the old one. So yes, looks like it will be still be there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)