So far,not very impressed with HWS/J setup.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jeepers94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Well, I got my hopper with sling and joey setup Friday. The installer said it would be real quick , as it just needed a switch change and
hopper/joey install. He figured about 30-45 minutes. Everything went as planned until the software update. It would stall at 82%
every time. He had to go to another town to get a new hopper. Same thing, 82%! After about 6 hours, he did a bootstrap install.
That night I tested the recorder. I tried to record Gold Rush. It said it was recording, but when I tried to play it back, no go!
I did finally get it working the next day on another show.
The hopper has rebooted at least 2 times in the middle of a live feed. Also the Dish rep said that the transfer feature worked
with Apple AND Android tablets. I am a former IT manager, and Apple was a dirty word at my company.
I am going to give the hopper a chance, but if it doesn't improve, I'll dump it! I got new equipment because my 6 year old 722
was getting very unreliable. I sure hope I get the bugs worked out.

Hopper install isn't perfect but it should smooth out.

Currently transfers only work on iPad. Android support will be added at some point.

Hopper installs have to be done "by the book" and can sometimes throw off a veteran. The install is very exacting with NO shortcuts. It is unlike any install of other equipment. Anyway, I would have Dish RMA a new Hopper if it doesn't work well. It really is a good system, and I would really rather have you give this a really good chance, although you shouldn't have to have these problems. Good luck and let us know.

Well, tonight I come home and the joey has no signal.
I try the hopper and it works! I guess Dish will be getting
a call!

What type of cabling is being used? Is it your house's prewire or was it cabling installed in the previous installation? The technician should have done an end to end check to make sure the existing installation was capable of supporting the Hopper.

He used the cables from my install 6 years ago. Just changed the switch. He even left the 2 dish setup
which Dish said I needed updated. My 722 and 211k setup
was working great. The 722s hard drive was acting up. The joey just came back to life after about
3 hours of down time. I could use the hopper dvr through the joey.

Most definitely time to contact DiRT. I had issues with my initial install and DiRT got it rectified.

I wouldn't judge the Hopper system until you have in installed and working properly. Once it's working the way it suppose to I'm sure you'll love it.

He used the cables from my install 6 years ago. Just changed the switch. He even left the 2 dish setup
which Dish said I needed updated. My 722 and 211k setup
was working great. The 722s hard drive was acting up. The joey just came back to life after about
3 hours of down time. I could use the hopper dvr through the joey.

6 years old cabling can be the issue.

6 years old cabling can be the issue.
My cables are 11 years old from initial install and Hopper works great. His connectors should have been replaced with the Hopper, but if not, that could be a problem...moisture inside.

Its probably the reason he was having troubles with the 722 as well.

He stated his hard drive was dying on the VIP 722. The hard drive problem has nothing to do with his wiring.

I have wiring 10 years old, my hopper and Joey works fine.

On the install it took my Joey three hours before it allowed be to pair it with the new hopper.

Also I believe the installer should have been patient. It took me one and a half hour for the software to install on the new hopper.

From the opt last post I believe his problems are behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yeah this sounds like the install did not get done right so I would try getting done correctly. You might contact one of the DIRT members and see if they can get someone out to get things setup the correct way.

Actually the software stalled at 82% six times. One of those it was over
an hour and a half, while he went to get a new hopper. Today I called
Dish, and they sent a software update. Tonight I lost tuner 3. From what
I read in the forums tuner 3 has to have good wire. It is working ok again
at the moment. I wanted to go on record with Dish, that there is a problem.

Definitely have problems. I would not blame the hopper for this one. As others have said get in touch with DIRT. They will get you fixed up.

I have a 2 dish setup. I get 110,119 and129 on one. I get
61.5 on the other. I was told I would get a new single dish,
but the installer claims I am better off with this setup.I will
give it til next Monday, unless it gets worse, to see if I am
over the hump.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts