So have all 942 owners that had their Voom taken away been given a 622?

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Just curious how many 942 customers that were paying for Voom and had their channels taken away have been offered a free upgrade to a receiver that will get them?

So far I haven't and I suspect there must be others besides me that had HD channels taken away or were forced to pay additional money for a receiver that will continue to get them.

HDFan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 13, 2004
Have a 622 and a 942 with HD package and Voom original only. Lost Voom on the 16th even though they billed me for it, Aug. 20 thru Sep. 19th.

nuts4scuba

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
OKC
I called the 1-800 number that comes up on the screen and they offered me a 622 for 100.00 with a 100 credit to change out my 921. I can keep the 921 or sent to them for a 10.00 credit (whoopie ). I have to do an 18 month commitment.

onethree

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 10, 2007
Oklahoma
I called dish about my 921 and told them I had heard about the upgrade offer. They sent me a 622 to replace my 921 even though I already had a 622 and HD programming. It was at no cost without a lease fee. Just had to agree to another 18 months.

mpeltz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 11, 2005
Atlanta
I had canceled my Voom several months ago, but I called in last week to upgrade to a 722 (not a 622) mainly for the larger hard drive. The CSR told me I couldn't do that. I knew he was wrong, so I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com. Someone from the executive office called back and offered the 722 for a FREE upgrade with $10 off programming for the first 6 months. The 722 was installed this past weekend and it's looking great.

mpeltz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 11, 2005
Atlanta
Yes, with the 942 programming packages. Voom was an extra $5 month on top of the $10 for the HD pack. At first I really enjoyed Voom, but they kept on replaying the same content. So I cancelled the monthly Voom charge when I had my 942.

dogpoobob

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jan 10, 2005
Brighton, TN (near Memphis)
I was given the free upgrade, 3 months of HBO, also free, and a $100 credit ($10 for 10 months). I had to argue with them and they billed my account for the 622, but I got it reversed (I hope)

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
So then those who are still under that deal for Voom channels must not be getting billed for the $5 any more if they are using a 942. If you are still getting billed I would call them on it and get credited.

kaman

SatelliteGuys Family
May 8, 2006
Is DISH offering any deals/promotions if you have other MPEG-2 receivers? I have two 508 DVRs (non-HD) in a couple of my rooms. It would be nice to upgrade those without raiding the kids penny bank. (I already have a 622 for my "main" TV)

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Just curious how many 942 customers that were paying for Voom and had their channels taken away have been offered a free upgrade to a receiver that will get them?

So far I haven't and I suspect there must be others besides me that had HD channels taken away or were forced to pay additional money for a receiver that will continue to get them.

You really shouldn't have a problem since all 942 customers with Voom are offered the free upgrade. Just call customer service and tell them you're a 942 customer who has Voom service and want the free upgrade to the 622. If the customer service rep doesn't understand or seem to know about the deal, ask to speak to a supervisor.

wayne231

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2006
Memphis, TN
You really shouldn't have a problem since all 942 customers with Voom are offered the free upgrade. Just call customer service and tell them you're a 942 customer who has Voom service and want the free upgrade to the 622. If the customer service rep doesn't understand or seem to know about the deal, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Just tried, you are so very very wrong. $149.00 with $100 rebate and an 18 month commitment. That's from a supervisor talking with a ten year all in everything customer with 8 receivers and HD package.

Pils

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2004
I have a 942 that I owned, talked to them and they are replacing for 622 no charge and I still get to own the 622. They are not consistent at all customer to customer.

KeithInDallas

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
I had an owned 942 and a leased 811. Dish called and called and emailed and snail mailed to get us to upgrade. On Aug 10, I finally said yes. Got a 622, 211 and a new dish 1000, all at no cost. Both new receivers are leased. It did require an 18 month commitment, and I sent back the leased 811. They gave us the $10 credit for 10 months. They also said they would give us $10 if we would send them the owned 942. (Hmmm, paid $700, get $10 back... I don't think so.) Had to upgrade to the new channel package, was cost about $5 more per month. All of this was consistent with the info Scott had published here on his site.

From looking at your signature Walt, it looks like you already had a 622. My understanding of what I read about this program was they were targeting people who had only mpeg2 receivers with the old $5 a month Voom add-on.

I know I am always reading about people who got better deals than me (like no commitment, or they get to own their receivers), but I wonder if those really work out that way in the end, or if it was just a misinformed CSR. Anyway, that was my experience.

NightHawk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2005
Just tried, you are so very very wrong. $149.00 with $100 rebate and an 18 month commitment. That's from a supervisor talking with a ten year all in everything customer with 8 receivers and HD package.

This is the deal they offered me for a second 622. I am upgrading an owned 942 and I already have one leased 622. I think it's different if you are stuck with only the MPEG2 older units.

havana

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 1, 2005
Cedar Ridge CA.
I was already leasing a 622 (no lease fee as it was the primary receiver) and I got a another 622 to replace my owned 921 if I agreed to pay only the $6.00 / mo. additional lease fee...I went for it, although, I held my breath till I got my statement...low and behold my bill only went up $6.00 so I’m happy...BTW the 622 was a refurb and had an HDMI cable in the box...so I’m not complaining.

jasond9263

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 11, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK

E* called me back in June or July offered a Free upgrade from my 942 to a 622 with 3 months free HBO/Cinamax. It was going to be a $1 charge to my debit card to hold the appointment set for two weeks out.

Two weeks later they missed their scheduled install without even calling. When I called they said it was due to a lack of receivers. I opted not to reschedule at that time, cause I was angry over wasting a Saturday waiting around for nothing.

I called back two weeks ago to reschedule and now are wanting to charge me for the equipment and get monthy $10 credits.

So as of right now I still have my 942 and and lost my VOOM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)