So how many of you guys plan to boycott CBS on Sunday?...

So how many of you guys plan to boycott CBS on Sunday?

• I'll watch the Super Bowl and and continue to watch CBS afterwards.

Votes: 81 61.8%
  • I'll watch the Super Bowl and boycott CBS afterwards

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • I don't care for the Super Bowl or CBS and I'll boycott them both.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I don't care for the Super Bowl, but I'll still watch CBS regularly.

Votes: 21 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am glad dish didnt win it.. now move over caz its Super Bowl Time on CBS!!!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I am not interested in the Stupid Bowl since my team is not playing and as far as CBS I never watch it. I will be installing a Hopper/2Joey and a DishNet during the game. Rather make money than sitting in front of the dumb box getting fat.

I'll boycott CBS afterwards, well basically I never watch regular networks that much. CBS also owns Showtime so a lot of my favorite shows are on Sho
and I can't boycott those. Also it's not just CBS, it's NBC & ABC they're all greedy.

But I do notice that all my Sunday night shows on Showtime are not on this Sunday. While HBO has their Sunday night show airing.

I'll be watching though I'm not overly crazy about either team but think it should be a close game considering the matchups. I have a lot of friends in the Bay Area but wouldn't be surprised to see Baltimore pull it out. I just hope it is competitive and not a blowout. If it becomes one of those I won't watch it on any channel.

I am not interested in the Stupid Bowl since my team is not playing and as far as CBS I never watch it. I will be installing a Hopper/2Joey and a DishNet during the game. Rather make money than sitting in front of the dumb box getting fat.

so you will be working at 6:30 on a Sunday night? sounds like dish has you whipped....

so you will be working at 6:30 on a Sunday night? sounds like dish has you whipped....

Yep will be working then. not whipped by Dish..I also do Direct and Excede. I just like making money more than sitting around doing nothing. Maybe that is why I only have 2 TVs in my house and no HD, just rather keep busy then sitting around the tube and getting lazy. BTW, I do take time off and do things like camping in my 29 foot camper, fishing, hunting, auctions and flea markets. But not so much in the winter so I rather work and save money to use on my interests in the warm times.

Last edited:
The only thing I watch during the Superbowl is the half time entertainment -if it is one I like , and or the commercials. Football I could live without forEVER. I hate the entire idea and premise of the sport. CBS shows are some of my most watched programs on PTAT folder of my hopper. Besides, I don't see CBS winning in their lawsuit against DISH.

The only thing I watch during the Superbowl is the half time entertainment -if it is one I like , and or the commercials. Football I could live without forEVER. I hate the entire idea and premise of the sport. CBS shows are some of my most watched programs on PTAT folder of my hopper. Besides, I don't see CBS winning in their lawsuit against DISH.

You must be the bane of Texas high school football... :)

If one were to just base their TV watching on the viewpoints of the various networks, one might end up not really watching any shows. I will let Dish and CBS battle this one out and enjoy CBS programming on Dish equipment. While I will not watch any CBS news products, I do not hold it against other CBS programming. I do not have a hopper, but I am adept at skipping commercials anyways.

Friday nights from 10:00 pm until 11:00 pm is the only time CBS ever has me as a viewer.

I haven't watched Blue Bloods since CBS forced the original creators/writers out after season one because they wanted to end the season arc and have murders/cases of the week.

I like watching the Super Bowl every year regardless of what team is in it. This year, my 49ers happen to be participating. The Price is Right has always been a favorite of mine, so no boycotting there. Same with Let's Make a Deal, going back to the Monty Hall days, so no boycotting there either.

BTW, I do take time off and do things like camping in my 29 foot camper, fishing, hunting, auctions and flea markets. But not so much in the winter so I rather work and save money to use on my interests in the warm times.

nice.....glad to see you have interests outside of work......lol.......gotta take time to enjoy the good things in life....

I pity your soon to be patients, if your are SOON to be that kind of Dr....;)

PS...strange switch in your Avatar.

Not that kind of Doctor! I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago in the Pub. But thanks for your confidence in me. :).

How's that strange? Patrice O'Neil is one of my favorite comics, and was a heavy set fella. Thus fitting my namesake and theme. Fat guys and comedy (with some sports sprinkled in).

This derailed post was brought to by CNET. Excellence in rating electronics, unless our parent company CBS is having a tissy fit over said product.

I'll be recording the Super Bowl so that I can skip through the game and watch the commercials ... the next day .... on my Hopper.

I will be doing the same thing. I hate commercials except during the super bowl.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App (Beta)

If one were to just base their TV watching on the viewpoints of the various networks, one might end up not really watching any shows. I will let Dish and CBS battle this one out and enjoy CBS programming on Dish equipment. While I will not watch any CBS news products, I do not hold it against other CBS programming. I do not have a hopper, but I am adept at skipping commercials anyways.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement, except that I do have a hopper....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)