So, how many wired controllers does XBOX 360 do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tonyp56

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 13, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
OK, I've got a question to ask, on the XBOX 360 there is three USB ports, two in the front and one in the back. According to some information that I've found, you can use the USB port on the back for a controller, however, according to MS you can't. I've also found some people saying you can use a USB hub, so that you can hook up a total of four wired controllers, yet MS's website says, "A maximum of two wired and two wireless." Why can't you have three wired and only one wireless? From what I can see you can have four wireless controllers, but you can't--because there isn't enough USB ports--hook up four wired controllers.

So can you hook up four wired controllers to the XBOX 360 or not? Can you use a hub, and can you use the port on the back? Anyone?...

the official xbox magazine said a hub will work. just about everything they tested that is usb based worked. my guess would be four controllers max.

Yeah, I know 4 max, but just a little confused on more than two wired controllers, lol... Not that it really matters, it is just confusing when there is only two USB ports on the front, and the manual says those are the two you are supposed to use. It says, the rear USB port is for the wireless network adapter only:confused: .

Oh well, hopefully, I'll never have to worry about it, cuz I'll get wireless from now on :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)