Rumor: MSFT's E3 plans include $100 HD-DVD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That would be a great price!!!
But the main question remains: how is Microsoft going to play HD DVD movies on the Xbox360, if it doesn't have HDMI port??? Hopefully this will be answered at E3.

they could add hdmi ports to newer models. they did say they have the flexiblilty to upgrade the machine if need be. i hope that is not the case or i will be pissed.

My HDTV does not have HDMI , I though it was going to be up to the DVD to pass 720 and 1080i unless its down-rez from the HD DVD not through the player?

LOBO2999 said:
My HDTV does not have HDMI , I though it was going to be up to the DVD to pass 720 and 1080i unless its down-rez from the HD DVD not through the player?
It's up to each content provider. So, if the disc has the ICT flag on it, the player (Xbox, in this case) will not be allowed to send hi-rez signal over component cables. First released HD DVDs do not have the ICT flag, but this may change down the road.

Thanks Ilya,

I thought I read somewhere that their was 8 to 9 million people with only component tv's and in my Sound & Vision it would not be a very good idea . It says , it would disenfranchise early HDTV adopters, it goes on to say Blue ray backers , sony,Disney,Fox,MGM & Paramount have all stated that they dont plan to use image constraint on their disk.

If this does change I will not be getting the HD player'

LOBO2999 said:
Thanks Ilya,

I thought I read somewhere that their was 8 to 9 million people with only component tv's and in my Sound & Vision it would not be a very good idea . It says , it would disenfranchise early HDTV adopters, it goes on to say Blue ray backers , sony,Disney,Fox,MGM & Paramount have all stated that they dont plan to use image constraint on their disk.

If this does change I will not be getting the HD player'

I think its higher than 9 million but no matter what, thats a huge number and your primary audience since it consists of the early adopters. Bad idea to implement no matter what way you look at it. :down

vurbano said:
Now that would make the 360 worth buying. Glad I didnt order that Toshiba HD DVD player.

I am actually going to agree with you for once. I bought the Toshiba unit and I cant wait to get rid of it. As soon as USB HD DVD comes out for my Xbox 360, ebay will be calling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)