E3 2016

Yeah when I saw that Death Stranding trailer I was a bit thrown. I hate when companies release vague trailers like that. I'd rather learn about what is actually going on and have some gameplay. Announcement trailers are the worst.

After updating my GF queue with the E3 stuff it looks like I'm going to have to play some Sophie's Choice...

upload_2016-6-14_10-17-48.png

That seems like a weird choice for a game that didn't exactly become a household name the first time around. That being said, I played a couple hours of the PC version for the first time a little while back and I was enjoying it. I think the game probably deserved a bit more success than it got but if no one cared back in 2011 why would they now?

PS4 owners who purchase early (not order) Infinite Warfare with Modern Warfare get a copy of MW 30 days before release. NOTE: You only get access to the Single Player campaign, not multiplayer. That isn't unlocked until the regular release date.

Now to be fair, the SP of MW is arguable one of the (if not the) greatest of the series. However, I don't think early access to that will justify anyone throwing $80 or more down before any reviews come out of the main package.

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/14...fare-remastered-infinite-warfare-pre-purchase

Nintendo got a lot of flack for E3 this year. It's understandable since they have all of their teams working on NX stuff and they apparently weren't ready to talk about NX yet. They did show of the Wii U version of the new Zelda game. I gotta say, it looks pretty great.

Assuming the NX comes out in March for $300 or less there is a good chance I will buy one and a copy of this game near launch. Obviously I wouldn't buy the system for one game but knowing that this is a launch title certainly makes the decision to buy one a lot easier.

Ehhh don't bother. Remember, you get it at most expensive and least amount of games. It's not like come 2017 your 2 consoles and super gaming PC will suffer a drought of games. I'm not against supporting the NX, but I doubt there's going to be much besides Zelda that comes out with the NX given the lack of information about the product, and lord knows if Nintendo has repaired its relationship with various 3rd party publishers. The relationship between Nintendo and other publishers has always been strained but they stayed in business because of the large install base. Once that install base went away with the Wii U, so did publishers.

Ehhh don't bother. Remember, you get it at most expensive and least amount of games. It's not like come 2017 your 2 consoles and super gaming PC will suffer a drought of games. I'm not against supporting the NX, but I doubt there's going to be much besides Zelda that comes out with the NX given the lack of information about the product, and lord knows if Nintendo has repaired its relationship with various 3rd party publishers. The relationship between Nintendo and other publishers has always been strained but they stayed in business because of the large install base. Once that install base went away with the Wii U, so did publishers.

All of this is true but it's not like I would be counting on Nintendo for my third party games. I would be playing those on PC or Xbox One/PS4 so I don't really care if they can get the third party publishers back on board.

There are plenty of caveats to my previous post that I didn't really point out. For me to get one near launch they would have to check off a few requirements I have. First, it has to be $300 or less. Like I said, this box will only be used for exclusive games so the more budget friendly it is the better. Second, I want Wii U backwards compatibility. There were a few Wii U games I really wanted to play and I came very close to buying a Mario Maker Wii U bundle. The only reason I didn't was because it was clear the Wii U wasn't going to be holding on much longer.

Lastly, I want the rumors of this replacing both the Wii U and 3DS to be true. If they are some how able to get games like Zelda to work even while in hand held mode I think it will be an awesome device. This isn't as much of a deal breaker to me as the first two points but it could be a major positive if they are able to pull it off.

I'm highly skeptical that they will be able to accomplish that though. I think it's more likely that games will still have to be designed specifically for the hand held mode just like they are for the 3DS now. The major differences would be that they would still work on your TV when you are at home and you wouldn't have to pay for two separate systems to get all of Nintendo's first party games.

Well one thing I still like about Nintendo is that while they are antiquated in a number of ways, it's safe to say their focus is still on games, and releasing good, high quality games. I mean when's the last time you read a story about a Nintendo game being very buggy on release, or a massive exploit being discovered? Although their games may not be for everyone, you can still depend on Nintendo to release polished, high quality games, which can't be said for MANY AAA publishers nowadays.

Having said that, I won't be picking up a NX until there's a good library of stuff out there along with a price reduction. My Wii U has received VERY little attention and I have considered selling it on a number of occasions. Unfortunately my kids really like Mario Maker and I don't want to be the one to sell it and cut off their first avenue into creativity and gaming.

The newest Mario Party game on 3DS's Box art is the same as the art on the back of Super Mario Spaghettios..

Well.. okay on the game they added a box..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)