E3 Master Thread

It was announced that all Gold members were able to get into the beta starting today, so they're probably in the process of contacting everyone. I haven't received anything, but if it turns out ONLY preview members are allowed, I may be asking a favor of you later today.

Edit: Looks like ALL Gold members get access to Gears Beta. However, it looks like YOU get exclusive access to backwards compatibility, which I'm sure you're thrilled to read.

http://news.microsoft.com/2015/06/15/halo-5-headlines-greatest-holiday-games-lineup-in-xbox-history/

Last edited:
An E3 trailer for Metal Gear Solid V released. And of course, no gameplay footage, just cinematics.

Well, whether or not Microsoft of Sony "won" E3 is completely subjective based on one's tastes, but I do have to say that whereas a month ago I was almost regretting my purchase of current gen consoles, I am feeling much better and will likely be reopening my Gamefly account.

Sony E3 in 8 minutes.

Microsoft in under 8 minutes

Ubisoft in 6 minutes

EA in 6 minutes

Bethesda in under 9 minutes

Unsurprisingly, Shenmue 3 hit its Kickstarter goal of $2 million. It achieved it in 9 hours

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/16/8787497/shenmue-3-reached-kickstarter-goal

I still don't understand how $2 million is enough to fund this game, and that it'll be delivered in 18 months. For those that don't know, Shenmue at the time was a MASSIVE undertaking. For reference, the 2nd game cost $70 million and took 5 years to develop. And that was just for the Dreamcast version (although it was later ported to Xbox, as the Xbox was originally going to natively play DC games.) I HAVE to believe that there is some other funding, or just something else going on here, especially if they're really looking to deliver this great and epic conclusion to the story on the same level as the originals.

Every press conference has had a least a couple games I'm interested in. Things are really starting to pick back up.

Nice to see SE continuing their time honored tradition of showing all pre-rendered cutscenes and no gameolay footage. Keep in mind, as Kaitlin on Twitter pointed out, THIS will have to be transformed into HD as well..

Well, that PC Gaming presentation was a chore to watch...I tapped out and was quite sad when I woke up (along with everyone in that audience at the time) to learn that Lord Gaben was not there.

There's an ugly truth behind Sony's surprising new pay-per-channel plan http://finance.yahoo.com/news/theres-ugly-truth-behind-sonys-215000345.html
Sony's a la carte offering is a start, but you're probably still stuck with the bundle.Sony wowed the audience at E3, the annual video game conference happening this week in LA, when the company announced that it would start to sell some of the TV channels on its new PlayStation Vue internet TV service individually.That means that people who subscribe to PlayStation Vue, which is only available to those with PlayStation 3 and 4 game consoles — and who live in one of the five cities where it’s currently offered — will be able to buy some TV channels a la carte, instead of having to buy a huge bundle of channels that likely includes many they don’t watch.

So it turns out that a LOT of people are upset with Nintendo's showing this year, and looking back I can sort of understand. Unless you own a 3DS, not much was revealed. In fact I think just 3 games were mentioned for that console. I suppose all that didn't matter for me because I was just so psyched over Super Mario Maker. Anyways some people are REALLY pissed over the Metroid Prime: Federation Force game to the point where they set up a petition to Change.Org for Nintendo to cancel the game. I admit, I'd prefer to see either a traditional Metroid game or a Prime level game, especially with the dual screen Wii U setup, but I hardly think it's worth getting THIS angry over.

http://www.destructoid.com/entitled...l-metroid-prime-federation-force-294254.phtml

Well, that PC Gaming presentation was a chore to watch...I tapped out and was quite sad when I woke up (along with everyone in that audience at the time) to learn that Lord Gaben was not there.

Yeah, I tried to watch it but they were just going on and on about some EVE game I couldn't care less about so I turned it off after a couple minutes.

Actually the EVE thing was sort of cool, like a super elaborate FPS game. It was made by the same company but it's not really an EVE Online game.

For me they just kept going on about things I didn't care about, mainly talking about games that were already announced but basically saying "Oh BTW this is ALSO going to be on PC as well." That and since it was sponsored by AMD, they would go and trot out their various cards and even had their CEO come out (who you may be surprised to learn is a middle aged Chinese woman.) They had one that is part of their smaller "Nano" line, which is made more amusing by the fact that Nvidia unveiled the same thing in April, as a joke.

But really the biggest nail in the suck coffin was the fact that Valve wasn't there. I mean it's not like they had NOTHING to talk about. Even if we take away games, between their Steam Machines, VR Headset, controller, etc etc, they definitely would have been more interesting than about half of the people I saw. I mean I'd rather learn about the Steam Controller than listen to the DayZ creator defend himself against people who claimed he abandoned his game (which by all accounts it seems that he has.)

Well when I turned it on they had already shown the EVE footage and they were just interviewing a guy about it in front of a live audience. That was a hard watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)