Overwatch Thread

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Since the game is so big and likely will be for quite a while, I figured it was best to isolate Overwatch news to its own thread.

Blizzard is suing a company selling cheating tools for the game.

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-taking-overwatch-cheat-maker-to-court-1783098926

Also, Play of the Game, something which was obviously inspired by its usage in regular professional sports, is now getting the Overwatch treatment by professional sports teams. It truly has come full circle.

http://kotaku.com/overwatchs-play-of-the-game-goes-full-circle-1783056697

Her abilities actually look pretty cool. Similar to Lucio and Zenyatta it looks like she will be a support character that is also capable of dealing some decent damage. The only problem is that it is going to take more skill to heal your teammates than the other support characters since you have to actually snipe them.

For Competitive Mode, Blizzard is implementing a 1 hero limit, so you can't be a team of jerks and have 6 bastions on Defense (or other similar ilk)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/overwatch-to-limit-teams-to-one-of-each-character-/1100-6441726/

Makes sense. That's how it works for both casual and competitive mode in MOBAs. You can only have 1 person per team be each hero. The competitive mode in MOBA's actually take it a step further with teams having a draft where they take turns picking heroes before the match. This means that if someone from the other team selected Mercy before you did your team wouldn't be able to have a Mercy. I'm glad Overwatch didn't take it to that extreme, not that I have played any of the competitive mode anyways.

king3pj looks like someone did the same thing you did last night.

Opps. I meant to edit my clip into a GIF or video too but I forgot. It was very similar only in my case I think it was a little better because I pulled a Winston who had just started their ultimate down with me. Stay tuned everyone.

As promised earlier here is my version of the move pulled off in that GIF. That one has more style points than mine because the fall was longer and he was already pretty far out when he hooked his opponent. Still mine was pretty cool and in my case the guy I hooked had just started his ultimate so it probably did quite a bit more to help our team. Also my clip has the action from both of our perspectives because I included the kill cam of him taking me out too.

Nice. Two things:

1. When did they start showing tips when you die?
2. How come my voice didn't come through? Did you edit it out or record it differently?

Nice. Two things:

1. When did they start showing tips when you die?
2. How come my voice didn't come through? Did you edit it out or record it differently?

I think the tips have been there from the beginning. You must have turned them off in the settings some how.

I got lucky with the voice part. You just happened to not be talking when I recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)