Overwatch Thread

I'm always happy to get more free content and new heroes are great. What I would really like to see are some new maps though.

The game's director Jeff Kaplan came on the Blizzard forums to address the fan's displeasure about the fact that Summer Loot items can't be purchased with in game currency.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747905428?page=7#post-134

Should the summer skins have been available with in game currency? Probably. As usual I think gamers are going way overboard with their reactions though. People who have been playing the game for months are asking for a refund because they won't be able to get every skin. These are cosmetic skins we are talking about. They have no impact on the actual gameplay.

I do think some of the skins are cool and I would like to get them myself. I also think the loot box system needs an overhaul. I have been playing Overwatch regularly since day one and I still don't have a single skin for D.Va, who happens to be one of my favorite heroes. I have had way to many loot boxes provide me with 4 sprays and not a single skin. There are a few D.Va skins I would really like to have. At the same time I wouldn't say that playing with the default D.Va skin has hurt my enjoyment of the game at all.

So yeah, I would like to see improvements but unless they go the CS:GO route I don't see myself actually getting mad about the loot box system. This is another non-free to play game that has a loot box system. In CS:GO you have to use real money to buy keys if you want to open the loot boxes you earn from playing.

They also create artificial scarcity so they can drive up the prices of their skins in the real money Steam community market. The first page of the most popular items in the community market on Steam are all CS:GO items except for one Dota 2 card pack. These skins are the most purchased items in the market and they range from $4.66 to $28.72. The rarest skins are listed for over $400. If Valve can get away with this system in their two most popular games (Dota 2 and CS:GO) Blizzard could have too.

This GIF is pretty great. Not only were people able to get other heroes into the game, the rules of the game change when you do it. When everyone is Lucio like they are supposed to be the main fire button is replaced with a punch that can't kill other people. This person playing as Widowmaker sniped the goalie, taking him out of the picture, and then shot the ball into the net all the way from across the map.

FrequentConsiderateAddax

Overwatch has over 15 million players...

This had me curious how TF2 is doing since Overwatch is basically an expanded take on that game. It's still really healthy as the third most played game on Steam with 65,000 concurrent players at peak today. That's a long ways behind the #1 game, Dota 2 at 891,000 concurrent players, and the #2 game, CS:GO at 523,000 concurrent players, but as far as I'm aware TF2 never did those kinds of numbers.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Had the POTG with D.VA yesterday. I think it won not so much because of the amount of kills but because of the timing and turning a bad situation into a good one. My favorite part is watching all the enemies running away as fast as they can.

Had the POTG with D.VA yesterday. I think it won not so much because of the amount of kills but because of the timing and turning a bad situation into a good one. My favorite part is watching all the enemies running away as fast as they can.

D.Va is great.

Looks like I wasn't immune from the Lucio Ball hero glitch. Was playing a game when the team was getting beat so badly they switched to Soldier 76. Surprisingly, it didn't really help them.

Apparently this is harder to fix than would be expected and now Blizzard is warning people to not take advantage of the glitch. I know if I see anyone doing it I'll gladly send a clip over to Blizzard CS.

http://kotaku.com/blizzard-warns-players-not-to-use-overwatchs-lucioball-1784986223

Ogon po gotovnosti.

Don't feel bad if you have no idea what that means. After seeing this I looked up what Zarya says when she uses her ultimate and that is it in Russian. If you are on the enemy team you hear it in Russian. If you are on her team you hear "fire at will."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts