So I go to a hamfest and don't buy "radio" stuff but....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Came home with this motor last Saturday. Been waiting to find time to check it out! The supposedly famous SG-2100. Probably will end up using only as a "reducer" on one of my poles so I can get one of the non-DTN dishes put up. We'll see. Maybe a dedicated ku on a second receiver.

On the bench she works GREAT, no slop in the shaft, LED lights just fine, both directions move. The warranty label is intact on the second picture, I don't think it's been messed-with.

ODD what you find sometimes. Love going to hamfests, but never expect FTA gear.

100_1849.JPG 100_1850.JPG

Reactions: spongella
I've found everything in the world at Hamfests. Anymore it is like an electronics-fest.

At the Cherryville Hamfest a few years ago I picked up an old FTA receiver, think it was a Viewsat for less than 10 bucks. Luckily I had the ham's call sign as the STB was locked and needed a password to get in hi hi. Had to track him down and got the password.

At the Cherryville Hamfest a few years ago I picked up an old FTA receiver, think it was a Viewsat for less than 10 bucks. Luckily I had the ham's call sign as the STB was locked and needed a password to get in hi hi. Had to track him down and got the password.
Did the same on a computer one time I got from a tail-gater. So no power to test, but he assured me it worked, but for 20 bucks I took the risk. It did work, but when I got home it had a password. So instead of brute force method I looked him up on QRZ, got his email and hoped it was one that he checked sure enough two days later got a reply and a password. :)

Came home with this motor last Saturday. Been waiting to find time to check it out! The supposedly famous SG-2100. Probably will end up using only as a "reducer" on one of my poles so I can get one of the non-DTN dishes put up. We'll see. Maybe a dedicated ku on a second receiver.
very cool. Had a SG2100 for almost 6 years on my 30" dish and no issues with it

Very cool. Mine has been up and running on a 39" thru rain and snow for 5 yrs

Status
Please reply by conversation.