So... I just signed up with Dish - will I be able to get locals in HD with this equip

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joebeenimble

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Here is my equipment:

Equipment: Dish 1000.2 KIT
DISH 1000.2 KIT
DISH 500
Leased VIP622 System

Currently, I live in S. Ga. However, I will be "moving" to Atlanta. Is this the equipment that I need to get locals in HD?

Thanks,
SRS

Yeah, you'll be good to go. The HD locals for Atlanta are on the 129 satellite (which the 1000.2 sees).

I would've that thought would've been a question to ask before signing up. :confused:

It's amazing that you go to a site like this for some help and there is always someone there to say something slick. I remember the last 2 times making an upgrade with dish and getting off the phone feeling pretty confident that I was told the wrong information. The guys questioned was answered, so why not leave it at that.:confused:

Well, I probably should've held that back. It does get old seeing comments like "I just signed up with Dish. What's the picture quality like?" or "I just signed up. Is the DVR I just ordered any good?". I believe in researching prior to purchase - particularly when there's a long-term commitment involved.

Apologies to JoeBN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts