So...I requested a SWM. Will I get one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
SWM is nice, but unless the work order calls for it, the tech probably won't install SWM, but some techs will use SWM even if the order doesn't say to if it makes the install go smoother or the customer doesn't want holes drilled, and there is RG-6 already ran to each room.

So basically it is up to the tech, it has been over a week, any news on that install you can give us, I am curious on how the tech handled this.

Also, with 2 HD/DVR's and 2 standard recievers that is 6 lines and will probably be SWM flagged in the system anyways.

It could also depend on the HSP rules. My new hsp (moved from nj or pa) is really strict on swm equipment, if its not on the work order, they dont really give it to us, so if a job really *needs* it, ie townhouse where drilling is a no no, unless i reschedule for no landlord permission then call d* at 1800directv and have the csr add tech instructions in caps NEEDS SWM FOR LANDLORD PERMISSION since my dispatch fails at noting accounts so techs can read the notes... the install just wont go in... and it sucks... altho this is just a local problem for my hsp, hopefully its not a regional issue, when i was in jersey, and we were able to use 3lnb stuff, swm was plentyful and i would swm a 1box hddvr install if i felt like it. basically if the 2nd line required more work than drilling 2 holes 1 in the floor of the room where the receiver is and one into the basement, id swm it... im just that lazy... and if it was on a second flr... yea... swm there too... but anyway, with swm gear being gold at my current hsp i dont see it often. So if you think you need swm and not just want it, explain that to the csr and have them note it on the work order, then call back to insure its noted otherwise you might not get it. its all about inventory.

Status
Please reply by conversation.