So.....is ABC FAM HD and PLANET GREEN HD tomorrow?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deez04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
High Point, NC
I just wanted to know if ABC Fam HD is tomorrow and also planet green HD? I see about the mpeg 2 channel changes and that is great news but I was just wondering if we will also se these 2 channel adds. There have been so much talk about the legacy channels and RSNs that I think people forget about these channels......I for one wanted these two along with ESPNU HD for college football...anyone know about the plans for in the am? thanks!:hungry:

These two channels bore me.

so what provider do you have that you can see these channels? or is this just a statement about the future adds?.....my fam lovs the discovery networks and hopes that ABC Fam will have some good hd programming in the future. I just hope D* adds them thursday am. we will see.

I don't believe we will see anything new tomorrow. Just the MPEG2 to MPEG4 mirroring. D*'s press release states that they will start adding new stuff on 8/14.

I just wanted to know if ABC Fam HD is tomorrow and also planet green HD? I see about the mpeg 2 channel changes and that is great news but I was just wondering if we will also se these 2 channel adds. There have been so much talk about the legacy channels and RSNs that I think people forget about these channels......I for one wanted these two along with ESPNU HD for college football...anyone know about the plans for in the am? thanks!:hungry:

The Press Release stated the new channels will launch August 14th.

The DIRECTV Group, Inc. - DIRECTV Remains Clear HD Leader with 130 HD Channels on Tap for Mid-August

Tomorrow is just an mpeg2 -> mpeg4 conversion.

ABC Family has a movie from time to time in hd. At least they are not upconverting the sd which is a good thing!!

It amazes me that we are getting new hd channels bit by bit and we still have people complaining about what we are getting?????? It's new hd channels that we didnt have before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take em as they come.......

It amazes me that we are getting new hd channels bit by bit and we still have people complaining about what we are getting?????? It's new hd channels that we didnt have before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take em as they come.......

I totally agree. I personally do not subscribe to premiums but I am glad for the upcoming HBO/Cinemax adds.....I am really only concerned with ESPNU HD on the 28th but I feel confident that it will be added....I also read that the 130 channels will be up by 8/14 and that is only 15 days away....so that leaves 20 more national by years end. So it is a great time for D*.........

I totally agree. I personally do not subscribe to premiums but I am glad for the upcoming HBO/Cinemax adds.....I am really only concerned with ESPNU HD on the 28th but I feel confident that it will be added....I also read that the 130 channels will be up by 8/14 and that is only 15 days away....so that leaves 20 more national by years end. So it is a great time for D*.........

If ESPNU does go HD, I am thinking I may have to pony up for the sports pack, with the HD "Wars" going on I think this can only benefit the consumer as each company tries to one up each other, should be a fun ride!

If ESPNU does go HD, I am thinking I may have to pony up for the sports pack, with the HD "Wars" going on I think this can only benefit the consumer as each company tries to one up each other, should be a fun ride!

ESPNU HD goes live on Thursday August 28th. I beleive that is also the same night that college football season begins......I agree with you on al these Wars. I still think both companies will have one channel that the other one does not........it has been rumored that D* does have a contract to carry ESPNU HD at launch and with D*s commitment to sports I am sure it will happen!

ESPNU HD goes live on Thursday August 28th. I beleive that is also the same night that college football season begins......I agree with you on al these Wars. I still think both companies will have one channel that the other one does not........it has been rumored that D* does have a contract to carry ESPNU HD at launch and with D*s commitment to sports I am sure it will happen!

Thanks for the info!! I should have said if DTV picks it up, which I agree if your the sports leader is a no-brainer!!

What upcoming HBO/MAX adds?... I have not seen this confirmed. There is an article getting tossed around about DirecTV adding a bunch of HBO/Max channels in the fall but if you look carefully at the date, it says 2007. They added a bunch of channels last fall obviously, but not all the HBO/MAX channels that were listed in the story.

Do you have information on genuine, legitimate HBO/Max adds coming soon? I'd love to see it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)