So is Dish now officially the HD leader?

I would think many would answer this question differently. I would say that Dish is the National HD leader

I would think many would answer this question differently. I would say that Dish is the National HD leader
Be carefully do you really want to see grown men crying. With to much of this we will have many D* fan boys crying!!!:p:D:D
Or worst yet they will tell us so more fantasy story's.:eek:

Yes.
Leader in the most National HD,
Leader in the most Premium movies in HD
Leader in HD/ DVR wars
Leader in HD Price per channel.

But
Not Leader in HD Sports
Not Leader in HD PPV
Not Leader in HD PQ
Not Leader in HD VOD

Only My Opinion though .

:)
Be carefully do you really want to see grown men crying. With to much of this we will have many D* fan boys crying!!!:p:D:D

LOL....Dont want this to be a Direct/Dish War...but I I think thats were it could go. I think the Dish HD picture is equal to Direct...Call me crazy :)

Yes.
Leader in the most National HD,
Leader in the most Premium movies in HD
Leader in HD/ DVR wars
Leader in HD Price per channel.

But
Not Leader in HD Sports
Not Leader in HD PPV
Not Leader in HD PQ
Not Leader in HD VOD

Only My Opinion though .

Good overview answer!, but I guess I may not have the tech savy eyes that many of fellow Satelliteguys have, I dont see a change in HD PQ from Direct to Dish

:)

. I think the Dish HD picture is equal to Direct...Call me crazy :)
I agree with you for the most part, But D* has quite a few HD channel that do look slightly better then E*
E* only has about 10 that I can count that looks better then D*.:)
Very minimal though, Both D*and E* are 2nd and 3rd in the HD PQ war. Fios Is Number 1 in PQ I've yet to see better PQ then what Fios has.

Amen! :up

There is sure to be at least one uppity sportsgeek who will chant "EI,ST and MLB" over and over again. Insist that the whole HD thing literally begins end ands with the sportspacks and YOU better recognize that or ELSE! lol...

...or else they will PM all their 'little buddys' and hijack the thread just to make sure they convince you! :eek:

Give it about an hour, they will start tricking in...

There is sure to be at least one uppity sportsgeek who will chant "EI,ST and MLB" over and over again. Insist that the whole HD thing literally begins end ands with the sportspacks and YOU better recognize that or ELSE! lol...

...or else they will PM all their 'little buddys' and hijack the thread just to make sure they convince you! :eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Com 'on Lets not start.
Because I know it will now.:(

Thats why I think, this thread will be moved to a certain war room area....:)

On a side note...Happy mothers day to all the moms out there who brought us to be "Satelliteguys"

They have the most National now, but D* still has a sharper picture, so call it what you will.
lol!

The opinions continue. I bet if you asked 100 people you'd get a bunch that say yes, a bunch that say no, and a majority that say they are the same. To each, his own. Good thing we can choose which one we want.

With the addition of the new HD channels is Dish now out providing Directv in HD channels now?
Either company can claim they are the HD leader - just depends on how you are looking at it.

Maybe D* will be saying it because they have "The 101"? Who knows.

But hopefully E* doesn't claim that because of the Turbo packages **Gasp** :eek:

Its already been proven in numerous discussion threads that there is no discernible difference in PQ on national HD channels for either provider.
I'd venture to say that nothing has been proven in any threads regarding something as subjective as PQ. The D* people can't even decide if the HR23 actually has better PQ than the rest of the HR2x models.

I'd venture to say that nothing has been proven in any threads regarding something as subjective as PQ. The D* people can't even decide if the HR23 actually has better PQ than the rest of the HR2x models.
Come on D* can't even figure out how to make basic functions work on a DVR.:rolleyes::p

With the addition of the new HD channels is Dish now out providing Directv in HD channels now?

Is this fight just between the satellite providers? Because FIOS still has more HD than those two services, especially in the realm of premium channels in HD.

DirecTV was the HD leader for like a minute if that. But I don't count PPV channels and they had/have like 15 of them in HD and put that into their count. RSN's shouldn't really count either because if I live in Florida (which I do) and I want to watch a game on FSN Detroit, even with the sports package, that channel is blacked out during the game. Let's say it is a hockey game. I actually need to get center ice to be able to watch that Redwings game on FSN Detroit. So how can they coun't the RSNS?

If you want to get technical, FIOS has the RSNs in all their markets. You just don't get everybody's RSNs from across the nation. So you only count a channel in the HD count if all customers get it? To heck with that. Watching a channel where EVERYTHING goood is blacked out is not a channel at all.

A count should be done by taking a specific household and laying out what channels they would get with their local cable company, FIOS, DirecTV or Dish. In my case I have yet another cable company option but most areas wtih FIOS are areas where FIOS is the fourth option.

You look at those providers and say, "what do they offer me in HD?"
FIOS wins. Seriously, Dish may offer you an RSN in HD but everything good is blocked out. Center Ice is like PPV. You cannot count that in an HD count.

So, the real winner is FIOS.

Is this fight just between the satellite providers? Because FIOS still has more HD than those two services, especially in the realm of premium channels in HD.

DirecTV was the HD leader for like a minute if that. But I don't count PPV channels and they had/have like 15 of them in HD and put that into their count. RSN's shouldn't really count either because if I live in Florida (which I do) and I want to watch a game on FSN Detroit, even with the sports package, that channel is blacked out during the game. Let's say it is a hockey game. I actually need to get center ice to be able to watch that Redwings game on FSN Detroit. So how can they coun't the RSNS?

If you want to get technical, FIOS has the RSNs in all their markets. You just don't get everybody's RSNs from across the nation. So you only count a channel in the HD count if all customers get it? To heck with that. Watching a channel where EVERYTHING goood is blacked out is not a channel at all.

A count should be done by taking a specific household and laying out what channels they would get with their local cable company, FIOS, DirecTV or Dish. In my case I have yet another cable company option but most areas wtih FIOS are areas where FIOS is the fourth option.

You look at those providers and say, "what do they offer me in HD?"
FIOS wins. Seriously, Dish may offer you an RSN in HD but everything good is blocked out. Center Ice is like PPV. You cannot count that in an HD count.

So, the real winner is FIOS.
You want to count channels everyone can get but not providers...:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts