so is that all this thing can do?

...and just to clarify when setting up "Dish Pass" online, it will search for and record the search on ALL CHANNELS, just like Dish Pass does? If so, this is welcome news!

I have never used DISHpass so I don't know what I am missing there. :)

I used to use the dish pass feature for shows I heard a promo about but were weeks out. For instance the Walking Dead came out on promos month or two before it actually aired. I setup a dish pass for the Walking dead and set it up on just channel 130 AMC for new episodes. Then when the show started actually airing I didn't miss it because the timer was set. Also could set it for no specific channel and it will pick it up anywhere it airs on the satellite system.

This may sound crazy, but my wife and I use it so that we don't miss the charlie brown specials. We put "charlie brown" in a Dish Pass and set it for all channels, so that it gets recorded whenever and wherever it comes on. Great feature!

JEFFinINDY said:
+1.

So, the 922 has the following unique features:

- Has a nicer look and feel, displayed in 720p, including showing channel logos, much nicer text/graphics, better DVR conflict resolution, and fewer required clicks to do basic things like delete shows
- Is faster and more responsive than any DVR I've ever used (although I'm sure the 722K slowdown will be fixed eventually)
- Has nice looking physical hardware with a touch-sensitive front panel
- Has a really good search feature
- Integrates Sling
- Supports DLNA, so you can watch Netflix, Hulu, CBS, ESPN 3, Amazon VOD, and lots of other channels from your DVR without switching inputs on the TV, etc.

Oh, and don't forget the Weather app... :)

Add 3D to the list. Yeah, the 922 really sucks... LOL