So is the VIP622 the ISH right now?

J3ff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Just wondering if there's a better dvr out right now.......or is this the best available?

I'm gettin setup for 3 tv's what is the second box they are gonna give me?

The 622 is the best overall, IMO. It is not perfect, but it has the best combination of features, speed, reliability, picture quality, and of course Dish's great HD lineup. I'm totally happy with it. Dish did announce a new version of the 622 was coming with more storage capacity, but I don't recall when. Do a search to find out. You can't have enough storage when it comes to recording HD, but I will just wait for the external storage solution to be implemented.

just got my hooked up on Saturday and it is the pinnacle of DVR's today. Not to say that tomorrow they won't bring out a better one. For now though the 622 is the thing to have!

Just wondering if there's a better dvr out right now.......or is this the best available?

I'm gettin setup for 3 tv's what is the second box they are gonna give me?

There is no definite release date on the ViP622-1. Wouldn't matter if there were, Dish does not exactly have a good track record on meeting deadlines.

But yes, IMO the ViP622 is the best DVR out there. The "new version" is almost identical- just has a larger HD and some other minor feature.

I second, or third...or 8th that emotion...the only complaint is the size of the hard drive but.....u can't have everything, I suppose...

WHen I last had dish, everyone hated the DVR's with audio sync problems and constant reboots...

It's exciting to see how far they've come in 2 years.

Now lets just see if the install guys actually show up on time this time.

Last time I took the day off from work, and the guys showed up at 6 and didnt leave till 9! and they were two kids

dtv dvrs ar far better than *ish offerings for that matter the motorola cable 6412 dvr is superior to any *ish dvr

maybe *ish dvr's would be better if they brought nbr to 5XX as promised many times by that lying sob Charlie

If its built by *ish, they will break it soon enough!

The 622 is an excellent DVR. Its a ton better than the software that I see running on the 6412 DVRs from Comcast. Much better than that slow as a turd Tivo EPG.

I like how Tivo folks go "you don't need to use the EPG". hehe, like they have a choice with how slow it is.

Only things missing on the 622 are folders and a 2nd OTA tuner. Oh hell why not add HD out for the 2nd tv while at it. Folders should be able to be added someday. I'd love to be able to throw all my kid sh*t into a folder.

dtv dvrs ar far better than *ish offerings for that matter the motorola cable 6412 dvr is superior to any *ish dvr

maybe *ish dvr's would be better if they brought nbr to 5XX as promised many times by that lying sob Charlie

Could you please use formal english so I know what you are talking about, ish, nbr, and 5xx are not words that make any sense to me. Say it straight out or not at all.

Well, you are welcome to your opinion. But many disagree. Take a deep breath and settle down. Judging from the many posts about DTV's "latest and greatest" DVR, the ViP622 has nothing to worry about, competition wise.

Well, you are welcome to your opinion. But many disagree. Take a deep breath and settle down. Judging from the many posts about DTV's "latest and greatest" DVR, the ViP622 has nothing to worry about, competition wise.
I have breathed and feel better, just like to vent every now and then.:)
If I were *ish I would be thanking my lucky stars dtv latest launch suffered the problems it did
I would be very worried about the status of the 622 vs. the HR20, lets take a look at all the problems the 622 had when it hit the market and look at all the flaws it still has otherwise there is no need for a-whatever builds
but that may just be me

"...If I were *ish I would be thanking my lucky stars dtv latest launch suffered the problems it did..."

I'll bet they are.

Either abbreviate by the term E* for Dish and D* for Directv or just spell it out complete DISH or DIRECTV. I hate the abbreviations my self ,especially made up ones that no one understands.

I have not seen the new Direct HD box, but I have used their new HD receiver and the 622 DEFINITELY blows that POS away.

Frankly, I'm not impressed at all with TIVO. To me it's a lot of bells and whistles, and an incredibly slow interactive menu.

The 622 has been rock stable for me. The guides are very fast, and the recordings have hit every time.

Stone: I'm glad you are happy with your Direct TV service. However, it would be more useful if you could describe what makes Direct's HD DVR superior to the 622 (and comparing it to a 501 - 510 is not a meaningful comparison).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)