So Long C-Band Dish... Sad, I Never Really Got to Know You...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
A year ago I was able to get a C-Band Dish; 8 Foot Mesh, from somebody in town who didn't want it. I dismantled it, and proudly brought it home. Had every intention to promptly install it, but winter set in, and it never happened, and time went on. But I was excited to just know that "I could" put that dish up.

My plans kept getting put off and put off (first, it was too hot in the summer to be out, then fall came and things got busy again), until finally, I accept a new job in another state, and buy a house in a subdivision that will not allow the "big dishes." So.... my wife put it in the want ad.

Within a day, someone has claimed it. At first, I thought, ok, it will get a good home. Alas, that is not to be.... the woman who took it wants it "for art." Blasphemy and sacrilege. What has this world come to?

So, I sadly say farewell to the big dish that I never really got to know.

Then... right after the blasphemers took my Dish, somebody else called who wanted it for more noble purposes... Figures. :)

It's not a dish, . . .

It's not a dish, it's an awning.
It's not a dish, it's a piece of art!
It's not a dish, it's a clothesline pole.
It's not a dish, it's a sunshade for my garden.
It's not a dish, its' a rain-catcher, I recycle rain water.
It's not a dish, it's the framework for my annual snowman.
It's not a dish, it's my solar cooker, come over for a BBQ next summer!

I have two, they're rare matching bookends!

No..... I am moving to Illinois, and the subdivision does not allow big dishes. The "art" dish will be here in Colorado.

Where in IL, rocky? I'm in Ilinois AND in a subdivision that does not allow big dishes! Heck, our rules actually say NO dishes of ANY kind even though they KNOW they cannot enforce THAT!

No..... I am moving to Illinois, and the subdivision does not allow big dishes. The "art" dish will be here in Colorado.

Cool .... one more FTA'er in Illinois , it's a big state ...... what suburb/city are you gonna move to.

It be cool if you're close to the Chicago area , the only other member I know that is closest and into FTA is Goalie Bob in Manteno and that is a good drive from Chicago.

Anyways ....... just curious .

That's downstate ....... farther than Goalie Bob..... Farm Country :D , I bet you can score a BUD alot easier down there too.

Yes, I will be 100 miles south of GoalieBob in Normal. Illinois State University. Surrounded by farm country yes; but Bloomington-Normal has about 100,000 people so its not like I am living in the sticks or anything.

And no, none of the subdivisions that are less then 15 years old allow big dishes. Technically the HOA doesn't allow dishes at all, but they don't enforce it, and I was told not to worry about it. Hell, there will be a lawsuit before my dish would come down.

But the BUD had to go.... :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)