So Tired of Dish Networks games ......

Well UPS gives BIG DISCOUNTS to high volume shippers, no doubt E is one of them..........

So it may not cost E anything near the 15 bucks for shipping. I was told once the biggest discounts are over 30% but have no way to confirm that......

I will agree with bob in this case. If it cost an average joe $16 to ship the box, E* will pay less than what it cost me. Less money in their pockets if you ship yourself.

Out of the gross 750k subs that churned last quarter (lets just say, for entertainment purposes, that 500k had to pay $15 to ship back their boxes), E* could easily have netted 1.5 to 2 million bucks, free and clear. Charlie may be dumb, but he ain't stupid. :)

Out of the gross 750k subs that churned last quarter (lets just say, for entertainment purposes, that 500k had to pay $15 to ship back their boxes), E* could easily have netted 1.5 to 2 million bucks, free and clear. Charlie may be dumb, but he ain't stupid. :)

No and his beancounters are proud of PROFIT from FAILURE:(

Thats failure to keep the customer........

No, he ain't. :) Probably all part of their master plan to increase their profit.

Why are we arguing over the cost to ship back a box using Dish, vs using UPS label?
If you are sick and tired of dealing with DISH (like I am), you should be more than happy to pay the $15 just to not ever have to deal with them again.
Yes it sucks that it's not free, BUT, I'll be saving WAY more than that for my first 2 years in contract discounts with D*.

Well I am still waiting for my refund near 100 bucks,

If I call I wonder if the system will still welcome me as one of their best customers:eek:

When I cancelled D* last time, it took them about 3 months to refund the $3.01 they owed me. So E* still has a way to go to be worse than that!! :)

When I cancelled D* last time, it took them about 3 months to refund the $3.01 they owed me. So E* still has a way to go to be worse than that!! :)

WOW, thats a long time......

I figure E will be slow with refund given they will be refunding for most of the 750K subs who departed,.

Thats a LOT of money to refund

Kinda funny, I have been with them from the first satelitte launch with no problems.
In the early days if I encountered a problem I worked with Dish to resolve it. Between us
we solved some major problems for customers down the road. I used to speak with Charlie
sometimes even! I have never had a problem not resolved or at least explained to me. I never complained about price increases, because Dish doesnt like them either-but remember the company has to make a profit, that is why they developed so many DVR'S and other equipment. Its been a long road since 1994, and if you think that pricing is high or programming stinks, you should take a look at Comcast or Charter. I like Dish, and hope to contribute
additional feedback in the coming years!

Kinda funny, I have been with them from the first satelitte launch with no problems.
In the early days if I encountered a problem I worked with Dish to resolve it. Between us
we solved some major problems for customers down the road. I used to speak with Charlie
sometimes even! I have never had a problem not resolved or at least explained to me. I never complained about price increases, because Dish doesnt like them either-but remember the company has to make a profit, that is why they developed so many DVR'S and other equipment. Its been a long road since 1994, and if you think that pricing is high or programming stinks, you should take a look at Comcast or Charter. I like Dish, and hope to contribute
additional feedback in the coming years!

My comcast bundle is far cheaper than E and so far rock solid.

E USED to be a value leader, now they are trying to be a profit leader.

I think the next quarter will see a couple million subs churning and the beancounters get fired.......

they are killing what was once a great company...........:(

if you think that pricing is high or programming stinks, you should take a look at Comcast

i did just that and switched to comcast because they had better price and better programming inluding MLB channel which cheap ass charlie refuses to get

Well, I'm currently set up through a local installer to get D* installed NEXT Monday.
So I guess I'd be wise to Call E* now and let them know I'll be done with them soon. Or would I be better off just calling them after the install is done (just in case things don't go well with the install)?
Of course I fear the worst (sorry but you need to pay us for another 30 days of service and $30 to ship back your 2 receivers), but maybe I'll be one of the few lucky ones who just get it all taken care of quickly.
I'm not on auto pay, and they have NONE of my credit cards, so that might be a help.

Well, I'm currently set up through a local installer to get D* installed NEXT Monday.
So I guess I'd be wise to Call E* now and let them know I'll be done with them soon. Or would I be better off just calling them after the install is done (just in case things don't go well with the install)?
Of course I fear the worst (sorry but you need to pay us for another 30 days of service and $30 to ship back your 2 receivers), but maybe I'll be one of the few lucky ones who just get it all taken care of quickly.
I'm not on auto pay, and they have NONE of my credit cards, so that might be a help.

I'd wait to unsubscribe. You never know....

Service is prorated to the day you quit. You will be billed or credited accordingly. If you have two receivers, you will be billed $15 each to return them no matter when you call to quit, unless you own them. If you don't pay your final bill and have no credit card on file, you will go to collections. Any company will have similar closing account protocols.....

ask hemi what happened to him for giving advance notice

ask hemi what happened to him for giving advance notice
Your going to get screwed leaving no matter what.
Atleast for a Month or 2.

As Soon as you cancel and have leased equipment, Your billed instantly for unreturned equipment. So good luck on getting an accurite final bill.:rant:Oh and when you do get your bill, get ready for the addtional $15 + dollars for using their shipping label.
So just when you think your paid , your not!

Your going to get screwed leaving no matter what.
Atleast for a Month or 2.

As Soon as you cancel and have leased equipment, Your billed instantly for unreturned equipment. So good luck on getting an accurite final bill.:rant:Oh and when you do get your bill, get ready for the addtional $15 + dollars for using their shipping label.
So just when you think your paid , your not!

Thanks thats anoter issue to mention to my friend at consumer reports:) Charged instantly for non returned boxes

Policy is 30 days. I have not been charged. Almost got charged for an owned receiver, but I sent them the receipt.

S~

Didn't get charged here, but they "forgot" to put one of the pre-paid labels in one of the boxes. I paid for that one and it was only $16.02. I got emails confirming they received both.

The Dish package I have now is good, but no longer available and who knows, they could switch on me any time like they've done with the HD one. I don't like the other programming packages they have to offer, which is the main reason (well, the frequent outages also) I'm not taking their services with me when I move next year. I'll also throw in the horrible customer service they've provided when I had a simple billing question.

I'm going to Charter and getting their bundle with digital cable. Have had nothing but good experiences with them (I guess I'm a minority on this board) in the past and their programming offerings better suit my basic needs.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)