So we're switching back from Dish to DirecTV after 4 years...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

givemetoro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
I canceled Dish for the end of the month, and when I went to sign up for DirecTV they had when to schedule your installation... And one of the options was tomorrow morning between 8 and 12.

I chose that, as it works with my schedule, but I remember having to wait 6 days or so last time we went with DirecTV, so should I really expect the installer here tomorrow morning?

I'm doing just the opposite, going back to Dish for like the 5th time. DirecTV has been good for the past two years, no problems with signal or equipment. Had a couple of small price hikes though.

I'm doing just the opposite, going back to Dish for like the 5th time. DirecTV has been good for the past two years, no problems with signal or equipment. Had a couple of small price hikes though.
D* has a small price increass every year in Feb or there abouts, been that way since I can remember.

Fwiw, Dish will as well.

D* has a small price increass every year in Feb or there abouts, been that way since I can remember.

Fwiw, Dish will as well.

Your correct, as I have been going back and forth between the two for 19 years. At least DISH is offering a 3 year price lock guarantee (we'll see how that goes). For me though, I prefer D* channel lineup packages over DISH.

Be sure you buy a lot of Kleenex. You will need it after you switch.

Reactions: Hutch1814
Be sure you buy a lot of Kleenex. You will need it after you switch.

I was with Dish for 12 years, finally got tired of the crappy picture and switched to Directv. Directv equipment might not be as nice but the picture sure is better

Yup, and I have never Watched the recvr , it's always the TV that I'm watching !
Is it REALLY that noticeable? I'm very close to moving to Direct. I've never had it before. STB tech is what pushed me to Dish when I first left cable and got a Dish VIP 922.

But now that I have a really good TV I see ALL the compression artifacts I never noticed with my poor contrast DLP projector.

On Sunday I watched NHL on NBC via OTA and bounced back between that and the Dish feed of my local and the macro-blocking during motion was basically non-existant on OTA. It almost made me sad. You could actually SEE the puck fly through the air rather than just a smudge. I think the 1440x1080 that Dish uses is very apparent, combined with the compression. Side by side it was no contest. I hope that Direct is a little closer to OTA quality.

Also no CSNNE on Dish... and no linear 4k...

Guess I'm only waiting on the new LNB now that I actually type this out lol. :D

How does Directs App/streaming compare with the Hoppers Sling? I don't really care about my DVR content. I rarely use my Sling anymore, but it was a big seller when I originally got the 922 and I used it often (live sports on the go).

Is it REALLY that noticeable? I'm very close to moving to Direct. I've never had it before. STB tech is what pushed me to Dish when I first left cable and got a Dish VIP 922.

But now that I have a really good TV I see ALL the compression artifacts I never noticed with my poor contrast DLP projector.

On Sunday I watched NHL on NBC via OTA and bounced back between that and the Dish feed of my local and the macro-blocking during motion was basically non-existant on OTA. It almost made me sad. You could actually SEE the puck fly through the air rather than just a smudge. I think the 1440x1080 that Dish uses is very apparent, combined with the compression. Side by side it was no contest. I hope that Direct is a little closer to OTA quality.

Also no CSNNE on Dish... and no linear 4k...

Guess I'm only waiting on the new LNB now that I actually type this out lol. :D

How does Directs App/streaming compare with the Hoppers Sling? I don't really care about my DVR content. I rarely use my Sling anymore, but it was a big seller when I originally got the 922 and I used it often (live sports on the go).
Directv PQ is a Noticeable improvement over Dish...

With Dish I find myself often questioning whether I'm truly getting HD even on the HD channels.
Is enough for me to switch to Directv, no not yet.
But I may not go past my 24 month anniversary from a combination of several factors.

Directv gave me a quote on a 50 TV commercial account.
And with what Directv is offering programming equipment and prices vs Dish commercial estimate, I'm surprised Dish has any Commercial business at all..

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts