So...what are the odds of Voom making a triumphant return?

i have no idea odds-wise, however this will play out in court. Short of litigation, E* and Voom will need to decide who's gonna cry uncle first.

I wish VOOM would return as well. I liked their channels and they actually showed their broadcast in HD, unlike a lot of the new channels that, so far, I am only seeing SD shows on a supposed to be HD channel.

And WFN, WTH is up with that? LOL

The new channels are CRAP. I sit there at 2 am and don't even find any programming worth watching. As others said, at least with Voom there was something you could stop on for a while even if you've seen it before and watch some HD. Now it's all SD in the HD Tier. I've yet to see a HD program on WFN, or Hallmark and like Voom most of the other channels repeat the same programs. I've had Smith, MGM etc for a while with Direct so I've seen all that stuff too.

No one will ever convince me that losing 15 channels of HD was a good move. Even if the channels aren't the greatest, it was 15 more choices that we don't have now.

The new channels are CRAP. I sit there at 2 am and don't even find any programming worth watching. As others said, at least with Voom there was something you could stop on for a while even if you've seen it before and watch some HD. Now it's all SD in the HD Tier. I've yet to see a HD program on WFN, or Hallmark and like Voom most of the other channels repeat the same programs. I've had Smith, MGM etc for a while with Direct so I've seen all that stuff too.

No one will ever convince me that losing 15 channels of HD was a good move. Even if the channels aren't the greatest, it was 15 more choices that we don't have now.

This is what I like to hear even if someone didnt think they were the greatest channels, it was good to have a variety that no other provider had.

9 Voom Channels Return

I predict that Voom and E* will reach an agreement that will return 9 Voom channels within the next month. I would like to see that!

I predict that Voom and E* will reach an agreement that will return 9 Voom channels within the next month. I would like to see that!

I'd say 5 channels, and the negotiation will be that VOOM agrees to start airing new material at some negotiated turnover.

Dish Network mentioned "off the record" that they were surprised how little outcry there was about the Voom channels being turned off.

By the fall, the whole Voom thing will be long over...

Dish Network mentioned "off the record" that they were surprised how little outcry there was about the Voom channels being turned off.

By the fall, the whole Voom thing will be long over...

Common theme by them. What's he supposed to say. Guys we f'd up bad. Why did they make a form letter (email)?

Common theme by them. What's he supposed to say. Guys we f'd up bad. Why did they make a form letter (email)?
Well, I very much doubt he'd say he f'd up in this matter, even at the meet and greet. (oh, and i doubt he thinks he has f'd this up) Not advisable to comment when you're in litigation, even if you ARE having an off the record conversation...and from what most of the SatGuys who were there said, he's real smart in person...so a smart person would not comment...net, i dont think anyone except Charlie and his lawyers, and Voom and their lawyers really know the status of this mess...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)