So...what are the odds of Voom making a triumphant return?

Well, I very much doubt he'd say he f'd up in this matter, even at the meet and greet. (oh, and i doubt he thinks he has f'd this up) Not advisable to comment when you're in litigation, even if you ARE having an off the record conversation...and from what most of the SatGuys who were there said, he's real smart in person...so a smart person would not comment...net, i dont think anyone except Charlie and his lawyers, and Voom and their lawyers really know the status of this mess...

A smart guy is not going to have an "off the record" conversation with internet people around. I don't take much stock in his comments.

Ok I hear that they said off the record there is little outcry, but there are people who are saying they called and the people on the phone have been saying they have been getting a lot of calls about this, so which is true?

Ok I hear that they said off the record there is little outcry, but there are people who are saying they called and the people on the phone have been saying they have been getting a lot of calls about this, so which is true?
Dont really know but one Voom thread has over 1000 posts, and there are a couple others with a few hundred each...(although i may responsible for 100 posts on the Voom topic myself.) E* feels extremely hollow without Voom, and it isnt just that Voom is 100% HD and that I'd watch anything in HD...not true as i've locked out many HD channels showing programming that I'd never watch, I actually LIKE so many of the Voom programs...

I watched Monsters a lot and Equator a lot as well. The other channels I would watch but not nearly as much as these two.

Hey guys for Voom to be back on they will have to drop their law suite and agree to Dish's terms.

But if Mojo goes live this week than who needs Voom?? This one channel beats Voom I want my Mojo I need MOJO.

Boy I sure miss my MOJO and my girlfriend is none to happy about it.

Sad, I find more enjoyable HD content going to WalMart and watching the VOOM demo there, than coming home and looking at E*.

Hey guys for Voom to be back on they will have to drop their law suite and agree to Dish's terms.

But if Mojo goes live this week than who needs Voom?? This one channel beats Voom I want my Mojo I need MOJO.

Boy I sure miss my MOJO and my girlfriend is none to happy about it.

Who cares about MOJO? Hope it never shows up on E*. What a waste of bandwidth.

Nobody's ever heard of MOJO.

At least if you want MOJO, you can go to cable.

Last edited:
I just want Voom back...or at last a dedicated Art channel that encompasses some of the fine arts content from GalleryHD, TreasureHD, EquatorHD, and RaveHD...

And I want the movie content too...people joke about KungFuHD sometimes, but honestly...I had a bunch of guys over for a BBQ and KungFu was on the whole time...just plain entertainment...nothing deep or meaningful...just fun stuff....

And ultraHD...well...that occasionally has its merits...during Miami swimsuit shows...:)

just bring back Voom....

Thats the statement. Just bring back Voom.
Exactly! I miss my HDNews, and just today my daughters asked me to put Animania on "the big TV" ...I told them the Dish people took it off. To see the looks on those little faces. :(...I want Voom back too.

Dish Network mentioned "off the record" that they were surprised how little outcry there was about the Voom channels being turned off.

We call this kind of comment a "pantload"...

It's quite difficult to actually monitor customer reactions when you put your email adresses on autoresponder and ignore the messages coming in.

Let me say off the record I was surprised at how little Dish Network actually cares about their best customers. :rolleyes:

Have to remember VOOM is suing Dish right now. For VOOM to ever return they will have to resolve the lawsuit, since it looks like Dish has made it pretty clear they do not want 15 channels or to have VOOM in the base HD pack.

Lots of different types of deals could be made. Perhaps they will compromise on price and move VOOM back to the base HD package with just a few channels. They could even split channels between tiers (just to drive people insane).

If no deal is reached it will have to go to trial eventually since VOOM is suing and that would take years...

I added DISH with VOOM to by DirecTV subscription after loosing VOOM's start up service. Have had both services since. When someone asks why I have E* & D* I said they have different HD programing, since E* has VOOM. With VOOM gone I don't know why or how I can justify having both. DirecTV has Speed HD and FX HD which I do watch. Time is running out for DISH in my book!

We call this kind of comment a "pantload"...

It's quite difficult to actually monitor customer reactions when you put your email adresses on autoresponder and ignore the messages coming in.

Let me say off the record I was surprised at how little Dish Network actually cares about their best customers. :rolleyes:

They certainly CAN monitor the number of calls and emails even though they send out form responses. Why do you think that they can't.

I added DISH with VOOM to by DirecTV subscription after loosing VOOM's start up service. Have had both services since. When someone asks why I have E* & D* I said they have different HD programing, since E* has VOOM. With VOOM gone I don't know why or how I can justify having both. DirecTV has Speed HD and FX HD which I do watch. Time is running out for DISH in my book!

Same here. I'm a two service customer that held onto Dish for Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)