SO...What if..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SLAM X2

Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
Massachusetts
If I get an install at a residential location (temporary), and then take the equipment to my RV - I imagine DISH will call foul...because I will be changing addresses frequently.

Or do I get the install at the residential location and then move equipment to RV and contact DISH to tell them I have moved equipment to RV.

REASON: I know the H3 will work in the RV but they (DISH) might give me the H2 instead, because it is an RV.

ALL RESPONSES APPRECIATED.

If I get an install at a residential location (temporary), and then take the equipment to my RV - I imagine DISH will call foul...because I will be changing addresses frequently.

Or do I get the install at the residential location and then move equipment to RV and contact DISH to tell them I have moved equipment to RV.

REASON: I know the H3 will work in the RV but they (DISH) might give me the H2 instead, because it is an RV.

ALL RESPONSES APPRECIATED.

If you don't tell them you're in an RV and you try changing addresses frequently, they WILL make it difficult for you. It used to be really easy to update physical address, for purposes of "moving," but now they give me grief every time I call. It's almost not worth the hassle anymore.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We have a H3 and only have RVs as residences. We move the H3 from our trailer to the motor home for the summer. We change Service addresses when we run out of a spot beam so that is about 15-20 times a year. We use Chat and it works fine.

BTW, the Hopper 3 was installed, by Dish, in our trailer using a ground tripod. The installer put a Hybrid DPP 1000.2 on the tripod. We connected the Winegard Trav'ler after the installer left.

When we got the Hopper 1, we had to go through a local installer. So there are no hard rules as to when or where Dish will do installs.

Dish as a rule doesn't like taking calls on RVs as you can't get the Service Plan. But in 12 years, we only had to call Dish twice. Just don't expect Dish to aim your dish. Get the proper tools and that is an easy job.

You just simply tell them you are in an RV when you take off. No need to make it complicated....

So when I want to "move," I should just call Dish and say "I bought an RV and need to change my address" and that will work? In all my years as a member here, I've never seen or heard that suggested before.

I've been living in an RV for ten years. I move frequently and change my service address by using Chat function. I have never told DISH that I'm in an RV. Maybe they figured it out, but we never had that discussion. Several years ago I had a problem changing service address because they said I didn't have the proper arc setup to get locals where I was. I advised them that I had both EA and WA lnb's. They added that info to my account and I haven't had a problem "moving" since then.

I've been living in an RV for ten years. I move frequently and change my service address by using Chat function. I have never told DISH that I'm in an RV. Maybe they figured it out, but we never had that discussion. Several years ago I had a problem changing service address because they said I didn't have the proper arc setup to get locals where I was. I advised them that I had both EA and WA lnb's. They added that info to my account and I haven't had a problem "moving" since then.

Good to know. Last couple times I tried to move, they refused at first (offshore call center) and I had to talk to the Loyalty Team. They asked me a bunch of questions and it was uncomfortable. I haven’t “moved” since.

Good to know. Last couple times I tried to move, they refused at first (offshore call center) and I had to talk to the Loyalty Team. They asked me a bunch of questions and it was uncomfortable. I haven’t “moved” since.
"Moving" and RVing are two different animals.

This is my script:
"I am an RVer and have just move to a new location. I need to change my Service Address (only) to 555 Anywhere, 55555 and have the Locals changed to that location. Leave the Billing Address as it is."

I used to be registered as an RV when I had DNS, the previous edition. Haven't registered for a couple of years now.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
This is my script:
"I am an RVer and have just move to a new location. I need to change my Service Address (only) to 555 Anywhere, 55555 and have the Locals changed to that location. Leave the Billing Address as it is."

I used to be registered as an RV when I had DNS, the previous edition. Haven't registered for a couple of years now.

I like it. I'm writing it down. :)

I haven't "moved" in a while. I have a PA service address for the RSN but still get my FL locals when I turn them on. Works well for me. The only reason I might move again is to get the CONUS Beckley, WV locals for Steeler broadcasts in the fall, but then I'd lose BTN.

My script is:

My account number is 123456789. I need to change my service address to 5555 Main, Anywhere, NM 85858. Please also activate the locals at my new service address. My billing address has not changed.

You just simply tell them you are in an RV when you take off. No need to make it complicated....

I just preface the chat by informing them that “I am currently using some of my Dish equipment in my RV and have changed locations, I need to update the service address on my account.” They never ask any questions, just update the address and change the locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)