So WHEN ARE new HD premium movie channels coming??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yeah I heard Dish lost Smithsonian Channel without explanation a couple of weeks ago. I like that channel, its like Discovery but commercial free.

Come on over to DirecTV!

November? whats taking so damn long for D12 to launch? why can't they do it now? people obviously want the channels NOW, instead of waiting 8 months! I want answers DirecTV! at least give us HBO and Cinemax On Demand to tide us over til November!!!!!!!!!!!! no bandwidth needed for that!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well, you just can't put up a satellite anytime you want. You have to make a contract with one of the few private companies who can do such things and then you have get in line. Other people want to launch private satellites too. And if heaven forbid somebody has a launch failure (which happened before and delayed the launch of Directv 10) then everybody gets pushed back.

ok well why can't they add HBO On Demand and Cinemax On Demand? or how bout making HBO/Max 1 package instead of 2 since D* only has 2.5 Max channels?

Last edited:
ok well why can't they add HBO On Demand and Cinemax On Demand? or how bout making HBO/Max 1 package instead of 2 since D* only has 2.5 Max channels?

they have room to add some of those premiums right now. they don't seem to be interested.

they have room to add some of those premiums right now. they don't seem to be interested.

I had both HBO and Starz too for years and gave them a couple of months after D11 went up. I then dropped all Premiums in October or November and used the money to get NetFlix Blue-Ray. Pictures are better and I always have a movie I want to watch anytime...

I probably wouldn't go back now if they did have more HD ones. I really like what I'm getting now. Every movie I watch is in HD. My player upconverts standard widescreen so if a movies isn't in Blue Ray its still a lot better than a premium in SD. LOTS BETTER!

Never. You only have 2 HBOHD channels and thats because D* knows you will sub to HBO no matter how lousy the selection. IF They can't waive it around as bait to lure sports fans you aint getting it.

Glad to see this topic!

I'm glad to see this topic. As some you are aware I have complained right to the top about D*'s lack of attention to the premiums. The lack of premium support has caused me to desert D* for FIOS. A simple glance of each premium channels web site will show even the casual observer that D* doesn't deliver on premiums channels. All of HBO and Cinemax are available in HD from the provider, but D* only shows 4 (HBO, HBO West, Cinemax East and Cinemax West). D* customers are deprived of all the other HBO channels in HD (and HBO Comedy and Zone aren't even available in SD). Cinemax offers Action Max, Thriller Max, 5 Star Max, WMax, Outer Max, and @Max in HD. NONE of these are available from D*, not even in SD. And not all programming are duplicates of the standard Max. Also missing are the On Demands for these premiums; not sure why. Starz is not too bad, but D* customers are deprived of Encore HD, and Movieplex, Indieplex and Retroplex. Showtime/TMC is also not too bad but Showtime Beyond, Next, Women, and Family are missing. So, bottom line, call and/or write Direct TV and tell them that if they want to call their "premier" package the "top of the line" that they had better start making it look "top of the line" instead of middle of the pack!

Last edited:
I'm glad to see this topic. As some you are aware I have complained right to the top about D*'s lack of attention to the premiums. The lack of premium support has caused me to desert D* for FIOS. A simple glance of each premium channels web site will show even the casual observer that D* doesn't deliver on premiums channels. All of HBO and Cinemax are available in HD from the provider, but D* only shows 4 (HBO, HBO West, Cinemax East and Cinemax West). D* customers are deprived of all the other HBO channels in HD (and HBO Comedy and Zone aren't even available in SD). Cinemax offers Action Max, Thriller Max, 5 Star Max, WMax, Outer Max, and @Max in HD. NONE of these are available from D*, not even in SD. And not all programming are duplicates of the standard Max. Also missing are the On Demands for these premiums; not sure why. Starz is not too bad, but D* customers are deprived of Encore HD, and Movieplex, Indieplex and Retroplex. Showtime/TMC is also not too bad but Showtime Beyond, Next, Women, and Family are missing. So, bottom line, call and/or write Direct TV and tell them that if they what to call their "premier" package the "top of the line" that they had better start making it look "top of the line" instead of middle of the pack!

I emailed DirecTV, I listed all of the missing premiums. The repondent (who probably didn't even read the list cause it wasn't about sports) said "well um we have some of those channels" and directed me to their (flimsy) premium channel lineup. I also emailed HBO and Cinemax and they said "we make all of those channels available to all carriers and its their decision on which ones they chose to carry" so its clearly not a contract issue, and obviously since there's space available for 15 more HD channels, it has nothing to do with bandwidth either. Its clearly a disregard for movie fans on DirecTV's part.

Maybe if we were stockholders they'd care what we think...

to answer your 1st question:

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Yep. Please see the thread on my letter to Chase Carey. I got a call from them with not even a promise to do better...so I bid adieu, auf wiedersehen , au revoir and goodbye to D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts