SO..Who Got an OpenBox for Christmas, or Nearly So??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Couldn't wait any longer, Got a nice deal with the e-bay $149 seller. (by the way they have their own website). Since they were offering a $10 instant discount in their website I asked for the discount in the e-bay transaction and they agreed. So I ended paying $139.00. So from there since I owned a BILL ME LATER account I processed the purchased and got an additional $10.00 back. So finally I ended paying a total of $129.00 including shipping and handling , no tax at all!!!! So happy so far!!!

Well you sure got me beat!!! :eek:

Mine cost $130 with free shipping from the same seller! I forgot about the 10 buck thing you did! :eek:

Is anyone buying the Square Trade warranty???

I've had my OpenBox for a few months now, like it so much I'd buy the company if Popcorn hadn't beat me to it. If you got one for Christmas or recently weigh in with your first impressions.

Santa brought my Popcorn Box receiver this morning about 15 minutes ago!!!... :D

After FedEx rang the doorbell and woke my wife up I had to explain a few things... :eek:

Anyone with a OpenBox that can confirm?? A friend told me that you can't add channels manually PIDS. I need to know how you can add the CW's on Galaxy 17 91West??? How come I missed that!!! I need to figure it out. Thanks

You can't add PIDs on the receiver. You have to use the editor program. Do a search for it here, it's been explained a few times I think, because it's not very user-friendly.

Does anyone own a channel editor already created which includes galaxy 17 @ 91west?? or can point me to the post where is located??? I only need this sat. All I need to load those 3 CW's chanels. I suppose its load as a regular update file thru the USb????

I got one just before christmas, and I LOVE IT! I bought it from Fridge FTA, because of the support they offer. I have found it really user friendly. I hooked up an old computer hard drive and it records great! More channels, More powerful blind scan. My old pansat 3500 was really out of date. For the money the Openbox is a great box.

Leave it ON. I did this with my 9200 for years and it never kept time. (with a smoke detector nearby!) I just checked the Openbox, and after 5 weeks, lost a minute. It's always ON also. AND it's COOL! Got a fan on the external HDD, but not the (SSO*) Openbox.
SSO - sathawk, solomend, openbox

That works until the first time you use a timer. Then the box records your program and turns itself OFF when its done. Then I have to set the date and time again. Hopefully there will be a firmware fix for this some day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts