So Who's Having OTA Problems on Their Joeys?

Me, been that way for months. OTA channels pixilate on joey every couple seconds until I go and tune to the same channel on the Hopper. Then it is fine until the next morning.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: JSheridan
I'll have to check, never watch the joey. My she boss hasn't said anything but that doesn't mean there's not a problem . Will report back if I see this issue.

Me, been that way for months. OTA channels pixilate on joey every couple seconds until I go and tune to the same channel on the Hopper. Then it is fine until the next morning.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Which OTA adapter are you using? Is it the single or dual tuner?

Dish is looking at this thread so please post all the info you can if you're having this problem. :)

Here are 5 examples just photoed off CBS station OTA viewing from my Joey 2.0.
I have a single tuner Dish network OTA adapter that worked super fine on my old H2 but now has constant video and audio breakups on the H3.
I tuned the Hopper to the same OTA channel and the breakups did not stop.

20180514_192211[1].jpg
20180514_192211[1].jpg
20180514_192225[1].jpg
20180514_192344[1].jpg
20180514_192419[1].jpg

Single tuner here. 4 out of 5 days, OTA unwatchable from joey. Only way to get a recording without the breakups is to auto-tune the Hopper to the station prior to recording.
This has been going on WAY too long!

Reactions: primetimeguy
Since last August even my strongest OTA station pixelates on my Joey 4K and Joey 2.0 . However if I tune my HWS to that OTA station the pixelation on the Joeys stop. I have the older single tuner USB dongle.

I have the OTA Single Tuner USB Dongle here on my Hopper 3 (U516 5/11/2018, 4:43AM) and 4K Joey (U489 5/11/2018, 11:57AM). Here are a pair of videos of what I see:

I had a manual Auto-tune timer set up for Channel 016-01 on the Hopper 3 which appears to be a viable work-around on my Hopper/Joey. I had to delete it to create the video. Recreating it on the 4K Joey does not work, BTW... But you knew that.

Hopper 3 with single OTA - been having this problem for probably a year. Dish doesn't seem to be concerned about fixing it. It used to work perfectly, so something they did caused it to happen, which one would think would make it relatively easy to fix.

Reactions: gasman882001
Hopper 3 with single OTA - been having this problem for probably a year. Dish doesn't seem to be concerned about fixing it. It used to work perfectly, so something they did caused it to happen, which one would think would make it relatively easy to fix.
Unfortunately, "easy to fix" and "Dish" do not belong in the same paragraph together. :(

Please keep the personal opinions, trolling and ax grinding out of this thread. The Dish people are trying to get information to help fix this problem so please only post in this thread if you are having the problem. And please post as many specifics and details about the problem that you can provide.

I did the tune the Hopper 3 to the OTA channel then tune the Joey to the same OTA channel to watch thunderstorm coverage this afternoon and I did not see any of the video dropouts as depicted in my post above.

Same for me. When I called Dish about it (supposedly 2nd tier tech) they basicly told me I was wrong and there is no on going issue on their end. Waste of time.

If they are really trying to stop selling locals they need to get this fixed.

Reactions: wonko and pattykay
I have a HWS and a single tuner OTA adapter and have audio/video breakups on my Joey for at least a year where it is not worth watching. I think the only way I get a clear picture is to join a broadcast my HWS. Actually haven't tried that in awhile so not sure if that still works.

Reactions: Peter Parker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)