So whos NOT getting a Hopper due to lack of OTA?

I think your a bit off base. The Hopper does have a TV2 equivalent out put. It's called a Joey. It just costs you $7/mo but it is also an HD output, not SD and you can have more than 1 HF remote viewing output. The Hopper requires a new mind set.

I'm not off base at all. My 2nd TV off my 922 is a SD in my kitchen, which works perfect with that set up. I fully realize I can get a Joey for the kitchen and keep the functionality I have today for an extra $84+ per year! No thanks!

I'm not off base at all. My 2nd TV off my 922 is a SD in my kitchen, which works perfect with that set up. I fully realize I can get a Joey for the kitchen and keep the functionality I have today for an extra $84+ per year! No thanks!

You can mirror the hopper with a RF Modulator. It's not the same as having independent control, but it's free.

If all you have is an SDTV in the kitchen then yeah not worth it. However if it's an HDTV, well, let's just say (IMO) it's well worth $7 a month to not have it look like crap. Also don't forget you get another tuner with the H/J.

I really think people need to stop comparing the Hopper system to any of the dual tuner receivers. They are not meant to be comparable that's why there is a price difference. For the features the Hopper gives you it is well worth the extra cost. Some of these features may not be important to some though and should not worry about getting the Hopper.

I really think people need to stop comparing the Hopper system to any of the dual tuner receivers.

Agreed. If VIP fits and pricing is better for you, great stay with VIP. Hopper pricing is positioned against the competition for new business. It is in line or better than most competitors new business offerings for full function viewing locations. Traditional cable outlets that still have some content as clear analog or clear QAM do have an advantage for the occasional use, no STB TVs.

I have a 722 and will not upgrade to the Hopper without OTA support. I watch and record some of the available OTA (primary and .2, .3 sub-channels) broadcasts that are not available on Dish.

Mid summer .... June 20th is the first day of summer and September 22 is the first day of Fall, so that would put mid summer somewhere in August. I sure hope it makes it sooner then that. I really want to get a usb ota tuner ,maybe two of them. Especially by September ,because I will have saved enough money to get a second hopper by then. I only hope that 2 hopper integration is up and running by then. IF I could get the ota tuner and 2 hopper integration up and running before September , this would make the Hopper the best receiver DISH has ever come out with.

What did Scott say about something happening in a month that starts with "J"? 213 launching tomorrow? OTA roll out?

I bought a Tivo HD box after I upgraded to Hopper.

The wait for the OTA is too long for me to handle personally.

So how much are you out for the box and how much is your monthly fee on that Tivo ? I ask because I thought about doing that very thing, but decided to keep my other 211k, that I was going to trade in for credit to dishdepot.com, and activated it on another account in my name. I pay $15.92 a month for the welcome pack and I had to pay $40.00 to activate dvr software on it. So I'm out about $56.00 total , to be able to record over the air this month. I am only going to use it till they come out with the ota support on the hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)