soapnet and march 23

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Will they carry another channel? Will it be in HD? Will it be Fearnet? Will Soapnet actually SURVIVE?

Tune in, to As the Dish Network turns ...

Nope, DISNEY is actually keeping SoapNet alive and will be adding new programming to it.

I dont understand why they are expanding the programming on a channel they want to kill off.

Scott you think with all the disney drama dish has had would dish ever see disney jr. I thought soapnet was supoesd to be replaced by disney jr like how discovery kids became hub and dicovery health became own. I think that was at least the plan orginally

I think Dish should just keep it since some subs will be upset at Dish for "dropping" the channel if Dish would decide to do so. I think that it would be Disney's "fault" for announcing that SoapNet would be no longer to only keep it running and expanding content on it. I still wonder why Dish moved it from channel 188 (I believe) to 253.

I know a lot of subs on Dish's facebook are begging for Dish to add Disney Jr. DirecTV does not look like it will add the channel. It looks like Disney Jr. may have an HD simulcast, on demand, and SAP (which could mean an extra channel for Dish Latino subs possibly if it were added). I wonder if some of the old Toon Disney content will show up on the channel.

At the same time, I also saw some who want SoapNet to remain in order to catch encore presentations of their soaps. I think the only ones that remain on the channel that are very recent episodes are Y & R, GH, and DOOL. Otherwise, it is repeats of AMC, OLTL, One Tree Hill, Brothers & Sisters, The OC, Gilmore Girls, and Beverly Hills, 90210.

Maybe Dish could use this somehow to their advantage in terms of negotiations with Disney over the whole Disney (E) HD, ABC Family HD, ESPNews HD, and Disney XD HD fiasco. Maybe they could even please those subs who would like ESPN U HD.

Last edited:
Nope, DISNEY is actually keeping SoapNet alive and will be adding new programming to it.

I dont understand why they are expanding the programming on a channel they want to kill off.

Does anyone know if The Chew and The Revolution are doing well in ratings since they replaced AMC and OLTL on abc? My thoughts were that the talk shows would be cheaper than the soaps...

Im not holding my breath on disney jr. Dish doesnt seem to want maney young children channels. They only have nick jr and babyfirst tv and baby tv but baby tv is crap. Pbs sprout would have been better but i dont think we will see disney jr or pbs sprout anytime soon. But who knows. Dish did finially get gmc and mlbnet.

Im not holding my breath on disney jr. Dish doesnt seem to want maney young children channels. They only have nick jr and babyfirst tv and baby tv but baby tv is crap. Pbs sprout would have been better but i dont think we will see disney jr or pbs sprout anytime soon. But who knows. Dish did finially get gmc and mlbnet.

In addition to Nick Jr, Baby First TV, and Baby TV, Dish has the following:
Nick (E) [with the excpetion of some Nick @ Nite shows possibly]
Nick (W) [with the excpetion of some Nick @ Nite shows possibly]
Disney (E)
Disney (W)
Disney XD
Boomerang
CN (E) [with the exception of Adult Swim]
CN (W)[with the exception of Adult Swim]
Nicktoons
The Hub
ABC Family (although probably more suitable for teens and family and possibly some TV 14 shows)
TeenNick (the name says it--mainly teen programming although Doug, Rugrats, etc. play on it)
KTV (although I do not watch that one--some programming is religious programming)
Ion West/Qubo (whenever Qubo is on)
HBO Family (although some PG-13 titles air on it)
Encore Family
Starz Kids & Family
HDNet Movies/KidsScene (mostly when KidsScene is on as PG-13 and R movies may air)

PBS Kids Sprout may be expensive as I believe DirecTV moved it up a tier recently. Who knows, though?

I was refering to preschool and under programing that are 24hr nets. Qubo is part time on ionwest

I do not think there are many preschool channels out there, but I could be wrong. Qubo is part time on Ion West. If there is an Ion affiliate in your area, you could try to pick up Qubo over the air for it 24 hours a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)