software from eastern arc or western arc ?

hexed666

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2011
Costa Rica
Does anybody know if the software is the same for the eastern arc and western arc when doing an initial download for a new receiver activation ? I am asking because I just had a situation with two new 722K receivers on a new account downloading ( one after the other ) on 77w and 72.7w location Jacksonville ( HD locals on 77). Everything went fine and there have been no error any other problem, when I called dish to get those turned on, no problems either BUT then looking at the guide, I had a few channels missing like TNT, Spike, USA, FX and so on. They just didn't come in, didn't even show in the guide.
I thought there was something wrong with my signal and I went to get a receiver from my neighbor, also a 722k, hocked it up and all the channels came in just fine. Then I called dish, explained the situation and they had no solution either, I know that all the channels are on 72w - so, what went wrong ? I did the unplug, reset and so on but it's always the same.

Any ideas ?

all thoughts are highly appreciated !

yes and yes

yes, i did run a check switch on all the boxes several times, compared the guide and the last two have the channels missing,

just now i checked the software, the two with the missing channels have the L803RMRD-N , the working one has L803RMQD-N, they are different, but all of them have been activated on the same system, actually the older working one was activated when 61w was still connected some time ago.

could this be the reason ? If so, how can I get this changed ?

Tx

Unhook your dish input to your receiver/s, run check switch. Hook them back up a run check switch again. Tell us what you see....

I've seen this happen with a damaged coax cable from the sat dish. Swap receiver locations and see if the missing channel problem MOVES to the other receiver.

Ok, disconnected the inputs, run a check switch, result was " reception verified" no satellite was found. Then I unplugged the box for a minute or so, connected the cables back, turned it on and a "Attention" message came up with a problem detected, in the same window the box was searching again for satellites and of course found both, then went to another screen " acquiring signal" then loading the guide again. Now I can actually see the channels but they show as not authorized, - in chat with Dish now. First guy couldn't fix it, now I am with advanced support. They did something, it's working now.

Bobby - I think the unhook and test did it, I couldn't see them before at all !

Tx

Curious why you didn't use 61.5/72.7 sats? Jacksonville HD locals have also been recently added to 61.5. The ones on 77 may not stay there for long.

Edit: Oh, Costa Rica, I get it now.

Yep. You really should have 61.5.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have eastern arc dish for 72.7/77/61.5 sat and a side sat for 119 hooked into it. I'm covered for software updates whether they come from 119 or 61.5 sats.

What's on 119?

I only have it because I was subbing to All American Distant networks for a short while. I also had it pointed at 110 when they had HD versions. Now I just keep it because I don't feel like changing it out. But either way I can get software updates from either arc .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)