Software Release 811 L 3.33

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
well 3.32 was a huge fubar to the HD picture alignment so dunno what this does. I think it's supposed to include 8psk turbo coding. Maybe we need this to fix voom, probably not related, but I still can't figure out how they'd let those erros go on this long
But where did you here about 33 anyways, it's not on their site

funny how you can only get the tech update link with a direct link now. I can't find the tech update link on any other pages.

This thing isn't getting near my 811 until hear some positive feedback. Any brave 811 owners out there? ;)

NightRyder

Since the OP chose not to even mention what receiver model he is referring to, P3.33 is now available for the 811. Perhaps a moderator can edit his title to something a little better than "P333 is here."

I've gotten the 3.33 update, and I was just watching an OTA HD broadcast ("My Name is Earl", NBC). There was a scene where the entire frame was full of VERY saturated reds. My picture turned disgusting. The scene was "posterized", meaning all of the subtle shades of red were turned into large blobs of flat red. And each blob was bordered by an obvious black outline. (It looked like a red camouflage pattern.) It's a symptom I've never seen before. There are plenty of potential things that could have gone wrong in the display chain (Bad picture on the network end, bad picture on the affiliate end, something bad with the CRT or it's settings...) But, like I said, I've never seen it before, and it's awfully coincidental that it's something that showed up after only a couple hours of viewing on the day the new software was loaded.
Oh, I guess I should mention, I'm using the DVI output on the 811, and I'm running to a well calibrated direct-view CRT.

Tried last night. Did check switch, turned box off twice, still with P330. Hope i'll get flashed later today though.

Ok...I'm new to Dish...is the P333 a new update to work out some of the problems (or bring on more) with the 811. If so, what is this update supposed to accomplish.

Kandiru said:
Tried last night. Did check switch, turned box off twice, still with P330. Hope i'll get flashed later today though.

Man, you are a brave soul. Maybe you don't know what happened to L3.32, they had to recall it and put back L3.30 to receivers affected.

I will wait a few more days until I hear more comments about it.

Kandiru said:

Woo hoo....I knew we'd find a suc.....I mean brave soul willing to be the guinea pig. ;) :D

NightRyder

zvogt said:
I've gotten the 3.33 update, and I was just watching an OTA HD broadcast ("My Name is Earl", NBC). There was a scene where the entire frame was full of VERY saturated reds. My picture turned disgusting. The scene was "posterized", meaning all of the subtle shades of red were turned into large blobs of flat red. And each blob was bordered by an obvious black outline. (It looked like a red camouflage pattern.) It's a symptom I've never seen before. There are plenty of potential things that could have gone wrong in the display chain (Bad picture on the network end, bad picture on the affiliate end, something bad with the CRT or it's settings...) But, like I said, I've never seen it before, and it's awfully coincidental that it's something that showed up after only a couple hours of viewing on the day the new software was loaded.
Oh, I guess I should mention, I'm using the DVI output on the 811, and I'm running to a well calibrated direct-view CRT.

If the problem continues, you should call Dish. Unfortunately, we are their guinea pigs and need to report any issues we have with their software updates. If we don't call they will continue to roll out the update to everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts