Software U547 on Hopper3

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
Updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to software version U547 and Joey3 to software version U574.

Dish finally fixed the MoCA Summary and MoCA Details screens under the Whole Home Diagnostics.
IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0216.JPG

Dish also changed the appearance of the Dish On Demand screen.
IMG_0218.JPG

After the software update Google Assistant stopped working on my Living Room Hopper3. I fixed this by unlinking Dish under Home Control on the Google Home app on my Iphone8. This removed all 3 Dish devices. I then used the Activation Code on my Living Room Hopper3. It then found all 3 Dish devices. I then assigned each of the Dish devices to the correct room. Everything is now working correctly and I can control all 15 lights.
Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
March software release details:

On Demand experience redesign

New look

Easier to navigate and find content

Increased external hard drive support

Larger external hard drive sizes now officially allowed

All models of Hopper will allow up to 7 TB

Wally up to 4 TB

Details for customers available at my.dish.com

Google assistant Spanish support

March Software Versions

Hopper 3: U547

Hopper w/ Sling: U726

Hopper: Not
included in this release

Hopper Duo: U635

Wally: U809

New look

Easier to navigate and find content

Increased external hard drive support

Larger external hard drive sizes now officially allowed

All models of Hopper will allow up to 7 TB

Wally up to 4 TB

Details for customers available at my.dish.com

Google assistant Spanish support

March Software Versions

Hopper 3: U547

Hopper w/ Sling: U726

Hopper: Not
included in this release

Hopper Duo: U635

Wally: U809

7TB! Hot damn!

Started the update 85 mins ago and it has been on this screen for 35 mins. Normally it doesn't take this long. Any ideas how long it takes for this newest update
image.jpeg
l

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

New look​

Easier to navigate and find content​

I must say that I kind of like the new On Demand layout and navigation. I think that this is what they should have done with the Gamefinder app, instead of making Gamefinder a banner. It is easy to use the Skip Forward and Skip Back buttons to scroll left and right through the On Demand screen, as well as using the Channel Up and Channel Down buttons to page up and down. Anyone trying to do either of these things with a 54 remote in the Gamefinder app will be sorely disappointed.

Hmmm the "self powered" requirement for an external HD seems to have disappeared from mydish
I don't think that has actually been a requirement for quite awhile now. I use Western Digital My Passport 1TB USB3.0 external hard drives, and they work quite well. It is nice to see support for larger drives finally being added, though.

Reactions: HipKat
Started the update 85 mins ago and it has been on this screen for 35 mins. Normally it doesn't take this long. Any ideas how long it takes for this newest updateView attachment 143901l
That is odd. I updated three Wally receivers yesterday (my two plus my sister's) and on all three, this update went surprisingly quickly.
Finally moved to this just now. Going on 100 minutes.
For me, it actually took longer for that screen to go away (and for it to finish going through the necessary reboot) than it took for the progress bar to make it all the way across during the download.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts