Software Update for the H20-600

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
We received the update (Version 0F14) early Wed. morning (7/19) on both of our H20-600s.Since then,we have lost all signals on the 99 birds (Network 10 and 11 shows n/a on all TPs) and the 103 bird is virtually non-existant also_Out of 6 TPs for 103 (Network 14),we are getting a signal of 10 on TP5.The 103 (Network 15) shows all TPs as n/a.Before this update,we were getting constant solid signal strengths in the 70s & 80s from these two sats.The 101,110 and 119 sats are all showing solid,strong signals.I called D* on Thurs. (7/20) and told them what was going on with the signal strengths.They placed a service call for Mon. morning.Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the new software?

steve615 said:
We received the update (Version 0F14) early Wed. morning (7/19) on both of our H20-600s.Since then,we have lost all signals on the 99 birds (Network 10 and 11 shows n/a on all TPs) and the 103 bird is virtually non-existant also_Out of 6 TPs for 103 (Network 14),we are getting a signal of 10 on TP5.The 103 (Network 15) shows all TPs as n/a.Before this update,we were getting constant solid signal strengths in the 70s & 80s from these two sats.The 101,110 and 119 sats are all showing solid,strong signals.I called D* on Thurs. (7/20) and told them what was going on with the signal strengths.They placed a service call for Mon. morning.Is anyone else experiencing this issue with the new software?

I am seeing something similar. I am receiving all the channels though, so no problem.

Got in last night from being on the road, and noticed that we had received the update mid-week. Don't see any improvements in anything, but did notice that my favorites have been reset!

Also when I use the HD filter on the guide, it has always shown channels I don't get, ex HBO and Showtime HD. But now it shows all of the national feeds. I've made sure that they're not in my favorites, but they still show up. Aaaaaaargh.

We got our service call from D* today.The tech seemed to be as puzzled as I was in regards to losing signals on the 99 and 103 birds.The signals (80s-90s) from the other sats (101,110,119) appear to be very good,according to the tech.All he done was called D* himself and talked to them for 10-15 minutes.After that,he said that D* told him that they are currently doing alot of testing on the 99 and 103 sats and that if any signals show up on these birds,they should show up whenever the locals are broadcasting in HD.He made no adjustments to the dish,left it right where it was at.He said that was the easiest service call that he's had in a long time.Thought I would post this info on here,in case other D* customers are experiencing a similar situation.

when the upgrade took place transponders on 95* went from 70% to 50%
also some transponders on 110* went from 68% to 39%
making some channels dissapear or not show on the guide and lost PHX HD Locals

FYI, I talked to someone in retention today about the H20 and where are the missing interactive features. With NFL Superfan less then 1 month away it would be nice if D* got this feature out so we could use the features of NFL-SF that we're paying for. The rep was gone for about 6 minutes trying to find an answer and when she finally came back she said nobody that she contacted could say when/if the H20 would get the interactive features. Very disappointing since D*'s had this box out since last November and they still haven't got this function out to their customers yet.

rad said:
FYI, I talked to someone in retention today about the H20 and where are the missing interactive features. With NFL Superfan less then 1 month away it would be nice if D* got this feature out so we could use the features of NFL-SF that we're paying for. The rep was gone for about 6 minutes trying to find an answer and when she finally came back she said nobody that she contacted could say when/if the H20 would get the interactive features. Very disappointing since D*'s had this box out since last November and they still haven't got this function out to their customers yet.

Weird isnt it?? They've had interactive now for about 2 years and this box has been out since last year. You would think your top of the line reciever (not including the soon to be released HR20) would have interactive. I know folks are patient with D* but I find this stuff not only aggrevating, but just plain odd. :confused:

Brewer4 said:
Weird isnt it?? They've had interactive now for about 2 years and this box has been out since last year. You would think your top of the line reciever (not including the soon to be released HR20) would have interactive. I know folks are patient with D* but I find this stuff not only aggrevating, but just plain odd. :confused:

It is extremely odd to leave this feature out of their top of the line receiver if D* management
really is committed to it.

This is one more of those management issues that leave me
wondering if anyone is at the wheel or the ship is drifting with the currents.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)