sblasl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2003
West Creek, CO
My 811 is showing the following:

SoftWare Version: P281LABD-N
BootStrap Version: 1013LABD

Anyone know the specifics as to what this update is suppose to provide? To early in the morning to identify changes.

WooHoo, I'm happy for any kind of forward progress in their software, even if it's in something I don't have. :)

Yeah hope it fixs more things for the OTA stuff since folks seem to have some issues with it!

Now, I even see guide for local digital channels that E* does not have. It seems like the guide is being extracted out of the PSIP data.

I hope that this does not come with its own set of bugs.

Wow, this is outstanding news! The 921 shouldn't be far behind.

Does this OTA guide data include analog? And does it go out a full 2 days like the normal guide?

Cool! My 811 is not hooked up today because I am having the wood floors refinished in my house. Keep us all posted. OTA guide data is great news.

Just spoke to one of my contacts from Dish, and here is whats new in 2.81

Add support for "Election ITV Software" (Software like was used for the Olympics)

Beta Rollout of OTA Program Listings (Not all DMA's will have listings yet)

Fixes the Recall option when tuned to an OTA channel

A fix for the Microblocking problems many have been having.

Fixes some timer problems that in the past would not fire correctly.

Microblocking is most noticeable in dark areas where there should be smooth transitions of shades of dark gray. Instead you see chunks/blocks of gray/black sitting on top of another shade of gray/black.

so no news on the DD problem...

I do have a question on the DD issue...

Did everyones DD work then stop working a few weeks ago... and if so... should I assume that it was a software change that did this...

Sorry to steal a thread...But I have not received an answer on this from several threads and a few IM's I sent out:)

Thanks

Sixr said:
Microblocking is most noticeable in dark areas where there should be smooth transitions of shades of dark gray. Instead you see chunks/blocks of gray/black sitting on top of another shade of gray/black.

Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)