Software Update

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
March 6, Saturday. I went ahead and did the software update manually on Hopper 3. Now, Dish shows the latest version H301. Eveything seems okay. I have 3 Joey 2s. Do I need to go to each tv and try to update their software (since I've got the curiosity bugs all over me and I don't want to wait for automatic update:devilish)?
I am hoping updating Hopper 3 software also updated Joeys.
Thank you and take care.

Thanks guys. I will leave them alone. Does Dish show the latest software version on its web site so that impatient people like me can compare and manually update?

Thanks guys. I will leave them alone. Does Dish show the latest software version on its web site so that impatient people like me can compare and manually update?

• Love
Reactions: sktrus and pattykay
You can reboot the Joeys... Will that not upgrade them if the upgrade already resides on the Hopper?
If you look at the Hopper diagnostic page you will see the available Joey software. Once it is on the diagnostic page it will be on the Joey, or should be.
To clarify this, once you see the new Joey software versions listed on the Hopper's Diagnostics page, you can put the entire system in standby by turning off the Hopper and all of the Joeys. If there are no recordings happening at the time, then the Joeys' software will update in the background. Just wait at least a half-hour, and the new version should appear on each Joey's Diagnostics page. This is not quite "forcing" the Joey update, but it is a way to get them to update a little sooner. This is just like putting the system in standby to "force" a guide update. (The guide will actually update right before the Joey software update begins.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts