Software upgrade ever?

Maybe a little early to give up hope.

Not giving up hope..... just a get a little nervous to see a rushed software "update" that disabled even more features.

The entire project has been changed so dramtically.... its a classic case of some engineers getting management super hyped to the point that they announce something prematurely to the public..... and not being able to deliver on the hype.

The new remote, the TV2 and EHD disablement...... not to mention key features that have been in many dish boxes for years.... manual timers.... dish pass....

I dont want to come off as hopeless... just a realist. This box is pretty freaking awesome if you ask me. The PQ is the best I have seen in a Dish box using HDMI... at least on my 50 inch panny plasma....I have grown to like how it display's DVR events with the pics.... even if some of them are VERY outdated.

Clearly this box was built from the ground up and I can respect that.... I don't feel ripped off nor angry at Dish..... the box is "good enough" for my family's every day use on a primary set.

The box however does not even come close to meeting the hype right this minute... but this box gleems potential in my opinion. I am sure the engineers will get ripped up one side and down the other by Charlie if they dont deliver "soon"....

There is one other way to look at it...... this box in its current state is more like a niche product than a flagship product. Sure it has Sling....which works inside the house very well when using a PC.... but unless you have decent internet upload speeds going outside the house.... its not totally useful. I have also noticed the sling feature is VERY laggy on the guide or while trying to navigate in general even with a decent upload connection (5mb upload via RR Extreme in Cincinnati). This is my first experience with a Sling product. I love the PQ on my Android phone once you get to where you want to be.

Their flagship products for a while have had the dual tuner capabilites serving multiple televisions and tend to cater to a much wider crowd.

I dont see the casual dish owner wanting this product in is current form... the excess monthly cost and lack of missing features that exist on the 722 line has to be hindering sales. Therefore I bet there probably are stockpiles of them in inventory. The amount of talk on this forum for the 922 seems much lower than in other product launches...(in particular the 622/722 launch). If your uber Dish technogeeks are being rather mum that speaks volumes to me. Any comments from current dish installers?

I think Dish will figure it out..... they are rated number 1 in customer satisfaction again and I think this is a minor bump in the road... I haven't given up hope..... just seems very strange to hear crickets months after launch.

New software last night. I have no idea what it does or doesn't do. I think they updated the software to a new number just to say they did a software update: S106 Xacb

I don't think a poll is needed. We are all getting frustrated.

I was curious how many of the satguys here actually have a 922 and the dissatisfaction registered in the poll was to show DISH how we all felt about the lack of promised features. They do read this board on a daily basis. This is the way to show how many of us are upset.

It was probably good for you guys that they slowed down. New software every other day is never a good thing.

I also think it is reasonably fair to say that everyone on this board knew this was rushed out and the people that upgraded to it did so with their eyes open or purposely closed.

... I also think it is reasonably fair to say that everyone on this board knew this was rushed out and the people that upgraded to it did so with their eyes open or purposely closed.

For me, at least, I think that's a true statement - I wanted off Comcast so badly, and this box really does seem like Dish's flagship platform (of the year, anyway), so the promise of what they'll ultimately do with it is what attracted me.

Interestingly enough, I think that what drives my desire for frequent updates from Dish is my experience on my Android phone - I've rooted it, and the custom ROM community are putting out updates on a VERY frequent basis. I think that colors my view of Dish's update process, and probably not fairly.

I mean, 4 or 5 years ago, would we be upset about a new release that came out 2 months after its predescessor? Probably not. Now? You betcha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts