Software upgrade for H20-100

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tbusa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
Does anyone know if there will be a software upgrade for the H20-100 very soon? I'm hoping that it will fix a number of irritating bugs my version (rec'd in June 07) seems to have. HD direct channel entry for one as well as getting rid of all the HD filter channels I don't subscribe to which is worse now with all the new HD channels. If this category is a filter of my favorites I don't understand why these unsubscribed channels appear in this filter since their not listed in my favorites. I guess this is a bug?

Does anyone know if there will be a software upgrade for the H20-100 very soon? I'm hoping that it will fix a number of irritating bugs my version (rec'd in June 07) seems to have. HD direct channel entry for one as well as getting rid of all the HD filter channels I don't subscribe to which is worse now with all the new HD channels. If this category is a filter of my favorites I don't understand why these unsubscribed channels appear in this filter since their not listed in my favorites. I guess this is a bug?

I'm sure there will be one, but they are not announced ahead of time as they are downloaded in the early morning hours.

Jimbo

HAHAHA! Sorry... After my miserable experience with the CSR's from DTV I, Clinton-like, "feel your pain." DTV seems unwilling to push a new national release of the H20-100 firmware. Best thing to do is go to get the CE (cutting edge) beta/developmental update. There's some shroud of secrecy behind it and you're not supposed to EVER contact DTV about it, but check the CE thread here and at dbstalk.com You may have to subscribe to the threads in both sites. Instructions tell you when and how to force a download to your receiver. Announcements typically occur Thursday or Friday mornings. Good luck.

HAHAHA! Sorry... After my miserable experience with the CSR's from DTV I, Clinton-like, "feel your pain." DTV seems unwilling to push a new national release of the H20-100 firmware. Best thing to do is go to get the CE (cutting edge) beta/developmental update. There's some shroud of secrecy behind it and you're not supposed to EVER contact DTV about it, but check the CE thread here and at dbstalk.com You may have to subscribe to the threads in both sites. Instructions tell you when and how to force a download to your receiver. Announcements typically occur Thursday or Friday mornings. Good luck.

Even with the CE software, it doesn't come out very often, only after they are happy with the software on the -700.

IF you start doing CE downloads, understand that it IS beta software and D* is not responsible for your box....

IF you wait for the National Release, D* will cover any problems you may have.

Jimbo

I am not sure a box has ever "bricked" because of a CE. Do understand though with a CE the idea is to find bugs so when the national release comes out it is clean.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)