Software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kyle172

Original poster
May 17, 2014
Tampa
Are there any utilities out there that you can visually see the signal input that shows the actual specturm
of how strong or weak the signal is?

Thanks

For DVB cards there is crazycat for windows and updateDVB for Linux. Only some cards are supported.

I cant speak for windows but in Linux a spectrum scan takes between 1.5sec and 4sec depending on the card (satellite), ATSC takes between 6 and 30sec depending on the card. Either way, defn not real time like an actual spectrum analyzer.

UDL

I was looking for something more in the way that I could use for Aiming. I've had a dish for over 5 years. I've played with it off and on. I've just been too busy in my personal lfe to make time for it. I got a signal meter but that never seemed to help me find the signal any better. So I figured if they have a WIFI spectrum reader they gotta have it for a FTA dish. I

'm more like the person that does not like reading instructions instead just using it straight from the box. So I was looking for something simple

For DVB cards there is crazycat for windows and updateDVB for Linux. Only some cards are supported.

I cant speak for windows but in Linux a spectrum scan takes between 1.5sec and 4sec depending on the card (satellite), ATSC takes between 6 and 30sec depending on the card. Either way, defn not real time like an actual spectrum analyzer.

UDL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts