solar flares

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mahal

Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Florida
i had a tech tell me that the interfeances that i have been experences was due to solar flares. Do the field techs have ways to know when this happen

Yes totally.. I am sorry but I do not remember the web site that lets you see the forecast.. Iam very sure there tech folks have accsses to the forecast.....

Yes totally.. I am sorry but I do not remember the web site that lets you see the forecast.. Iam very sure there tech folks have accsses to the forecast.....

So does everyone of us ....
The time is near, but keep in mind they only effect normally for a few minutes to an hour a year (twice a year).

I too have not looked for the website, but have seen it before.

Jimbo

There was news recently about how few solar flares there are recently and how the "climate change" is more likely to be cooling, not warming.

I think what you guys are referring to is the thing that happens twice a year when the satellite passes directly between the sun and the earth. Those can be precisely predicted.

yea the sparkles last for about 2 weeks in summer and first part of winter.. next one should be soon. Isnt there a "wobble" once or twice a year that slightly affects signal integrity?

Mostly the solar flares do not cause problems. Without adjustment things should get back to normal and probably you won't know it happened. What does happen is atmospheric conditions high up and far away occasionally dump things on a clear day.....but it is intermittent and passes quickly. The satellite is 23,000 miles out.

The same CSRs that roll trucks for storms and solar flares have lunch with the tech support folks that tell customers a "deep reset" will take 24 hours....call back if 24 hours of disconnect doesn't help.

Joe

There was news recently about how few solar flares there are recently and how the "climate change" is more likely to be cooling, not warming.

I think what you guys are referring to is the thing that happens twice a year when the satellite passes directly between the sun and the earth. Those can be precisely predicted.

Your right, I screwed up, at least this its what I was talking about.

thanks for the info, because the supervisor told me that it would last for a while, had service call a couple of weeks back and told me to contact him as of 05/01/09 if it hasn't corrected it self and he would come back out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)