Solar outage or solar activity?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Having weird problems with OTA tv and satellite today, glitching and freezing pictures. Various channels on the HitstoHome system dropping out for a second or so, and that setup has been near perfect since I set it up. The OTA tv's either won't display channels or drop out very bad, and then won't rescan them in. We have clear weather about 50 degrees, I'm beginning to wonder if the entire thing is not satellite-related somehow. After the electric came back on yesterday about 1pm, everything was working normally. Anyone else having problems with their ota or satellite systems today?

I don't think it would be sun fade from the bi-annual solar outage event, as that has passed by now.

Everything looks fine here, FTA and OTA.

Most likely atmospheric conditions. Could be 'skip' off an warm moist layer overrunning a cold area or off the ionosphere. (Has there been some solar activity lately charging it up????)
I noticed last spring many MPLS, Rochester and Mankato stations making it all the way up here. Think I logged around 10-12 'not so local' stations coming and going for a while. Could be some, from somewhere, are causing interference with your locals.
EDIT:
Well, on 2nd thought, being it's also affecting H2H I'm not so sure. There's only one thing in common, the 120v powering everything.

Last edited:
Fatair the satellite signal seems to have fixed itself today! Joy! Atmospheric conditions mostly must be the trouble, rained a little again today, but nothing like Monday's brief downburst. That, and the OTA antenna amp, which seems to be the culprit in my OTA problems-I found today that I get more channels bypassing it, than with it, lol.
So tomorrow that will have to be replaced. Lucky that I have a backup amp. Not solar out-rage at all, haha.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)