Tuning in 125W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
Normally I am using my coolsat 4000 (DVBs) like my Beeper to find and lock some satellites on C/Ku band But Now
Regarding that all 125 W ku band has moved to DVB-S2. How I can to find and lock the Frecuencies on This satellite AMC-21 (125.0W)....My New "Sat Finder" & "Beeper" Must be DVB-S2? or My coolsat Could JUST lock the Tps..I know that maybe will not scan any channels but I am not sure If at least I can get Signal quality on the Tp's..
I have an Open box HD s9 but i think that this stuff does not have a beeper..
What are my Options??
Thanks in advance

isnt there still one DVB transponder?
12175 H 4444 was (at last 3 months ago when I last tuned into FTA) DVB and not DVB-S2

s9 don't beep
Another reason. I do not want to take off a bunch of wires (in the back) every time when I am playing outside Hunting Birds but appears that I do not have another option until I get another DVB-s2 receiver (with beeper):eek:..
Maybe My Old Radio-Shack "sat finder" $ 10.00 dls could help ;)..

Another Question is.. My current Plan (so far) is To motorize one 1.0 mts antenna with HH motor and dual KU linear LNB std and use my coolsat just to move the motor and the other port from the LNB will connect to my openbox HD S9 set up but Viewing this Scenario this means that I will never Lock and move my antenna to this satellite 125 (AMC-21) through my Coolsat right?.. Or I can do Manually through the coolsat settings
:confused:

If you have a 'spare' coax out to the dish. Run a TV modulator off the S9. Send TV ch 3(or whatever) out a portable TV at the dish. (That's what I do)
And, if necessary, to control the receiver a remote extender. Although, in bright sunlight, they don't work that well

If you're going to be using a small-dish motor, just use USALS and don't worry about finding every satellite.

but appears that I do not have another option until I get another DVB-s2 receiver (with beeper):eek:..
modded manhattan firmware has the signal beep function but I don't have an s9 to try it on.
I had to disable the prot ic on my s10 to get the tuner working.I use that with wireless uhf headphones out at the dish.
Needed also to get the oddball nbc channels on 103w

Thanks everyone for your Comments and Tips!!!
Well, If I am Using my Openbox HD S9 to aim and catch AMC21 at 125W I think that I need first to load and save the current active TP's to the receiver via USB and "Ali" Channel editor . This is the information that is currently showing on Lyngsat (i do not know if is the correct information yet) If anybody has anything different could let me know.. I will appreciate this!!
Montana PBS: Tp: 12106 V / Symbol rate: 2398/ Vpid 101/ Apid 256
OETA: Tp: 12112V/ Symbol rate: 8703
Create: TP:12180V/ Symbol rate: 30000/Vpid 193/Apid 196
Vme: TP: 12180 V/ Symbol rate: 30000/ Vpid 209/Apid 212
World: Tp: 12180 V/ Symbol rate: 30000/ Vpid 225/Apid 228
Feeds: Tp: 12175H/ Symbol rate: 4444

I don't know if the carribean Tp's are strong in North America and If This Tp's could be used to Lock and adjust this satellite
thanks in advance

Yes that transponder even though scrambled is very strong, you could use it for a starting point.

If you have a 'spare' coax out to the dish. Run a TV modulator off the S9. Send TV ch 3(or whatever) out a portable TV at the dish. (That's what I do)
And, if necessary, to control the receiver a remote extender. Although, in bright sunlight, they don't work that well

I actually have two of those security camera video baluns that convert security camera video to cat 5 UTP. I used RCA male to BNC adapters on each end. I have 100' of blue cat 5 and a small LCD tv. I plug one end into the yellow composite video jack in the back of my pansat 9200. I run the cat 5 out back through the house out the back door and connect it to the composite video in on the small LCD tv. I tune the sat I am looking for with the transponder I want. Pull up the signal meter then go outside and tweak the dish. Works fairly well.

If you had a bunch of transponders you wanted to enter it might be easier to use a channel editor, but for this deal I would just enter it with your remote in the tp menu, takes a minute tops.

If you had a bunch of transponders you wanted to enter it might be easier to use a channel editor, but for this deal I would just enter it with your remote in the tp menu, takes a minute tops.
according my knowledge on Openbox HD s9 we can not to create new Tp's via menu/remote.. or Could you tell me please How I can do this??.. Always I am using ALI editor right now .. I do not know If another channel editor can do it
Thanks

TP list. One of the colored buttons is ADD. (Functions/colors shown on bottom of tv screen)
At least that's the way it is in the S(9-10-11-12) firmware. If running old S9 firm-:confused::confused:- it's been quite a while since I've had that running.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)